What's new

What about KEF? (1 Viewer)

DaveV

Agent
Has any one heard the KEF 203 as compared to the Paradigm Studio 60's? I can get the KEF's at cost and would have to pay retail for the Paradigms.
thanks

george king

Supporting Actor
The 203 is one of the most amazing speakers I have ever heard. Unfortunately, it is way beyond what I can afford. I much prefer the Kef sound to any of the Paradigms (and I have heard almost all of them).

If I may ask, but you do not have to say, what is cost on a pair of 203s?

Hope this helps

Mike_Ch

Stunt Coordinator
Dave,

That question is a no-brainer. Go the KEF's. They will be superior to the Paradigms in every department. I especially like the Uni-Q implementation, and have point-source speakers myself (Tannoy's). The 203's are "real" high-end. The Paradigms are generally considered good, but not in this group.

Cheers,
Mike

steve mm

Agent
I no you did not ask this but i like the kefs and you should listen to the monitor audio new silver line VERY NICE

Mark LP

Stunt Coordinator
I've had the Kef 202's for about a year now. Tweeter is not mounted on top. Those are my fronts. The rears are Kef RDM two's. model 100 is my center channel. These are joined by a Velodyne FSR12 sub. I think that you would be very hard pressed to find a better quality speaker at a lower price. I auditioned about a dozen speakers including B&W and Sonus Faber. If you only are going to listen to music, I recommend the Sonus Faber. If your going to do a least a 50/50 music/home theater, buy the Kefs. Word of warning...you should really listen to your receiver with these speakers if possible. Sony, Yamaha and Denon are much brighter receivers. I purchased an Integra receiver becuase it gave the cleanest and unaltered sound, pushing neither treble, mid-range or bass.

Good Luck,
Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks