What's new

Wharfedale Opus 1 Midrange blown. (1 Viewer)

Rogozhin

Stunt Coordinator
I've pulled it out of the cabinet and it looks fine, it just buzzes badly with certain frequencies.

Does anyone have experience with replacing a wharfedale speaker?

Rogo

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Email customer service - I'm in the process of replacing the nonfunctional tweeter on one of my Modus 1.6 towers and working through customer service.

Rogozhin

Stunt Coordinator
Philip

I've emailed but they won't reply, I'm calling tomorrow.

Let me know how it goes for you :)

Rogo

pink

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
roger walters
GO TO MADISOUND OR PARTS EXPRESS AND FOR $50.00 YOU'LL GET A MIDRANGE THAT'S BETTER THAN THE ONE YOU HAVE NOW

Rogozhin

Stunt Coordinator
I finally had a chance to call today and Rick at wharfedale US is sending me two midrange drivers and an 8" bass driver. The cost was $40 for the midrange driver (x2) and $45 for the bass driver. I'm very pleased!

Rogo

Rogozhin

Stunt Coordinator
Rick only charged me $25 per midrange opus speaker, and I installed it yesterday! The old SD 300ti just didn't compare.

For all of you wharfedale owners IAG america is a wonderful service.

Rogo

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Where did you get the phone number? I'm still waiting to hear back from someone via email regarding a replacement tweeter for my Modus. They sent me some schematics which helped a GREAT DEAL in removing the tweeter enclosure, but I haven't heard back from my emails for a replacement.

gebby44

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael
So I just ran into this same problem of a dead tweeter in one of my Modus One-Six and have exhausted every option in the US. IAG America said that they could get a replacement for about $60 shipped but that it would be sometime in July. Three months to get a simple part! I'm curious about an update with where you guys stand on this.

pink

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
roger walters
Why would it take so long to get a tweeter? Maybe they farm them out. Who know who makes what or where anymore. I blew a tweeter about three months ago, called my speaker company at 2PM and they send me two tweeters the same day, after almost owning them for about seven years, that's what i call service.

gebby44

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael

Who did you call? I would love to get that number. Please, please help me out. I'm starting to get angry with an otherwise good company.

pink

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
roger walters
I'm starting to get angry with an otherwise good company.[/quote]
A company is only as good as it's customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks