What's new

Wharfedale Diamond 8.1 or Athena F1's (1 Viewer)

Best Buy has both the Wharedale Diamond 8.1's and the Athena F1's priced at $199.00. I also have a $50 gift card. Which of these speakers would you purchase given the same price. Also for $100 more (and a tight budget) are the Athena F2's going to make that much of a difference?

HienD

Stunt Coordinator
You do realize that for the floorstanders you listed, it's $199 - $299 each speaker. With the diamonds, it per pair. I personally like the diamond 8 series more then the athena or klipsch synergy series. Better imaging, bigger sounds stage and overall smoother sound. I just bbought the diamond 8.2 and it sounds 2-3x their price. You'll have to demo them yourself to see which speaker sounds best to you?

Jordan Tracey

Stunt Coordinator
I can't comment on the Wharfedales as the Best Buy here doesn't have them setup yet. Though, I have done some extensive listening with the Athena F1's and F2's. I preferred the F1's. The F2's had this bloated bass that I didn't like at all, but I didn't notice it till I listened to the F1's. If I had to pick one or the other I'd go with the F1's. Save money and I think they sound better. The Klipschs I like, though they are a bit too forward for my tastes. I like the Athena's better, and that is what I will be going with. F1's up front, AS-C1 for center, AS-B1's for the surrounds, and possibly back surrounds. Hope this helped in some way...

Thanks Hiend, I didnt realize the price was for each one. Guess that rules out the Athena for me. I hope that the Wharfedales do the trick. What are your personal experiences with them?

Chad A

Stunt Coordinator
Adrian

I hope you got the e-mail I sent you earlier today.
The dealer I mentioned in it will sell you the 8.1's(as in a pair) for $136 + S/H.

HienD

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Jamo e430 5.1 speaker package. Entry level but great sound for the price cause I got them at cost. I needed something better and smoother with music cd though. I decided to get a second set of bookshelves and use it just for music. I demo'ed over half a dozen highly recommended speakers and choose the diamond 8.2 Great sounding speaker. Very smooth vocal, treble and Lots of bass for a bookshelf speaker. They would still be good speakers at twice their price. Just remember, sound is a very personal thing and recommend you demo as many speakers as you can. At least all the ones BB sells.

There are few reviews for these speaker at amazon, audioreview and ecoustics if you want more opinions

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks