What's new

Western Wish List: List the Westerns you wish were on Blu-ray/UHD (1 Viewer)

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I'd like to see a Criterion of Little Big Man, a big event western that was even featured on the cover of Life Magazine before its release. And so many iconic stars involved in what can only be described as the M*A*S*H or Catch-22 of turning the cliche western genre on its satiric ear.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
How about the 1932 version of "Law And Order" with Walter Huston. It is considered one of the best early westerns.

Kevin Antonio (Kev)

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Taffe
Here is the place to list all those Westerns you wish were on Blu-ray or UHD. I have plenty to add myself. Let your wish lists fly here and I'll kick things off with these:

Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid -Yes, I love this picture and really want a fantastic special edition of it. I am a huge Peckinpah fan and this film not being available on Blu-ray creates a giant hole in my collection. Come on Warner Brothers, let's get this one out!

The Stalking Moon - Great Western featuring Gregory Peck from 1968.

Mackenna's Gold - Huge cast in what is sort of the Mad World of the West. All these guys go chasing a mysterious treasure and as Buddy Hackett might say "It's every man for himself!"

Will Penny - Love this 1967 Western with Chuck Heston...oh yeah, Paramount.
Do to me seeing this. Alex cox has stated criterion is working on a release for pat garret and billy the kid. I wouldn't classify this as a rumor but not a ton of information fr cox, other than it will come later this year and they are still debating on which version to release.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Do to me seeing this. Alex cox has stated criterion is working on a release for pat garret and billy the kid. I wouldn't classify this as a rumor but not a ton of information fr cox, other than it will come later this year and they are still debating on which version to release.
Ha, what's to debate; both the Turner cut (which I like) & the Seydor cut (which I'm not that keen on), just like the Warner DVD release. TCM (UK) occasionally show this in HD (alas, just the Seydor cut) & it doesn't look half bad. It was on my Tivo for a while, then I had to change the Tivo so I lost it, & then it was back on TCM a couple of weeks ago, so it's back on the list. I'd prefer it if WAC released it, & then it wouldn't be region A locked, although there is an outside chance that Criterion could release it in the UK.

Kevin Antonio (Kev)

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Taffe
Ha, what's to debate; both the Turner cut (which I like) & the Seydor cut (which I'm not that keen on), just like the Warner DVD release. TCM (UK) occasionally show this in HD (alas, just the Seydor cut) & it doesn't look half bad. It was on my Tivo for a while, then I had to change the Tivo so I lost it, & then it was back on TCM a couple of weeks ago, so it's back on the list. I'd prefer it if WAC released it, & then it wouldn't be region A locked, although there is an outside chance that Criterion could release it in the UK.
Some prefer diffrent versions. I agree with you on the preview version. As for warner or criterion? Idk both are good but I also want supplements on this film and warner bros is poor in that department but I know the print will look Godly. However criterion is no slouch either and they may do a 4k for this film compared to Warners. I'm hoping criterion can get.several of pekinpah films for a collection. I highly doubt Warners will do that even

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
My 4K UHD Western Wish List / High Noon, The Searchers, Gunfight O.K. Corral, The Big Country, The Magnificent Seven, One Eyed Jacks, Return of the Seven. :D Just a few Favorites of mine. I have more.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Yes, The Wild Bunch 4K UHD Should have been released in 2019 for the 50th Anniversary ! .....What Happens ?....... Nothing ! :confused::(:angry:

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Yup, The Wild Bunch is at the top of my 4K list. If Warner can do a 4K for Batman & Robin, then they can surly revisit this (bloody) masterpiece.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks