What's new

Western Fans Rejoice- Paramount releasing 8 classics plus Le Mans and The Carpetbaggers (1 Viewer)

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
Paramount have just announced 8 Classic Westerns for April.

"Copper Canyon"
"Gunfight at the OK Corral"
"Nevada Smith"
"The Lonely Man"
"Big Jake"
"Rio Lobo"
"A Man called Horse"
and praise the Lord, finally one of the most requested Westerns on this Site,
"Little Big Man"

Well Done Martin Blythe and Paramount.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Also, don't forget that Paramount is releasing "The Carpetbaggers" and "Le Mans" too in April.

Crawdaddy

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Word to Paramount, next time you release anymore westerns, please don't forget about "Monte Walsh".

Crawdaddy

Bill McCamy

Second Unit
Real Name
Gasim de Paris
Don't forget that TNT has a new "Monte Walsh" coming this weekend. It should be interesting to compare Tom Selleck to Lee Marvin.
"Emmy® and Golden Globe-winning actor Tom Selleck stars in and executive-produces the upcoming...film MONTE WALSH, a colorful and bittersweet saga about the final days of the Old West. Emmy® and Golden Globe nominated actress Isabella Rossellini, William Devane, Keith Carradine, Robert Carradine, Barry Corbin and George Eads also star."
"Monte Walsh"

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor
Time to start a new budget again...
;)
Little Big Man... if you don't know, don't worry about it, just buy the damn film... :D

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
"Somebody in the Cahill thread said he wanted Big Jake. There you go!"

That was me, and this is awesome news!

Count me in for The Gunfight at the O.K. Corral (Paramount's been working on this for awhile), Nevada Smith, Rio Lobo (not great, but decent), and Big Jake! This looks to be a great gear for John Wayne fans!

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
When Pioneer Laser released The Carpetbaggers, I remixed the film for stereo (with the director, Edwared Dmytryk). Will this stereo track be on the new DVD?
No offense, but I wish we collectors would get a crapload of musicals the way we constantly get Westerns and War films by the bunch from the sutdios.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
this is absolutely fantastic news indeed, especially Little Big Man, yet I would like to know when Once Upon A Time in the West will be released
thanks Martin
:emoji_thumbsup:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
BIG JAKE! Yaaaaaaaaaaay!! (David dances around the room naked)

LITTLE BIG MAN!! Yaaaaaaaaaay!! (David's wife dances around the room naked. They bump into each other and...well, you know) :b

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Great news, and another (emphatic) vote for MONTE WALSH (1970) as part of Paramount's next western DVD round-up.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Since others are requesting Once Upon A Time In The West and Monte Walsh for the next wave of Paramount westerns, let me put in my own request for the Anthony Mann western, The Tin Star with Henry Fonda and Anthony Perkins.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I know the tendency to say, "Thanks for (announced dvd title) but what about (unannounced title)?" I've been guilty of this myself. But it makes us sound like ingrates and whiners. I think that, following a juicy announcement such as Paramount's latest, which includes so many desirable westerns, we should say "Thanks" and leave it at that, at least for a week or two, before essentially saying, "How come you haven't announced so-and-so yet?" No studio is going to give us everything we want all at once. They need to provide catalog product over a long period of time, or they'll run low on quality titles. I am quite happy with the catalog release schedules of the combined studios at this point. I certainly do not have a money tree in my back yard, and keeping up with the releases as they are now is difficult enough. Anyway, IMHO I think we owe Paramount an unconditional vote of thanks, with suggestions for future releases in a separate thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twinkletoes
Recent bookmarks