What's new
World Wide Stereo

Well...I sent my PB10 back. “Curse you, HTF!” (1 Viewer)

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Mylan: Yep, couldn't watch Monday Night Football at ALL this season because of the stupid WSB thing. I hope you are right about that potentially being remedied. I get so excited when I see sports in HD. Other programming sure looks good, but live events such as sports are just SICK looking. The detail is like nothing I've ever seen and this is on an RPTV. I can't imagine how good it must look on a plasma or LCD. And yep, Braves games last season were only the home games. Would definitely prefer away games, too, but if you haven't see the broadcast in HD yet, you're in for a real treat. That channel alone was worth the small increase in monthly fees to get the HD box.

Edwin: I'd love to take you up on that offer, actually. Even though I'm been assimilated by the planar crowd, I'd love to hear what those great looking speakers can do. I'm very familiar with the Paradigm Studios, so I'd love to see how they compare. Most people seem to consider them as good or better, so I'd love to get a listen. I have a Denon 2900 and love it, so you must be thrilled with that beast of a player you have lol. I actually own a home in Lawrenceville that I'm in the process of renting out, so maybe we can figure out a time to visit one of the times I'm out that way. Appreciate the offer!

DonnyD: You hit it on the head......the best thing about Georgia is the southern ladies :) I'm a Yankee by nature, and as much as I love the women in Philly and New York, there is just something about a pretty southern girl with an accent :)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Steve K.H.: Steve, you're right, two PB10's would have been cheaper but the WAF is in play here. One large Ultra in the corner made more sense than two PB10's stacked next to each other or across the room. One Ultra was an easier sell and will be easier to configure.

AlanZ: Was your last post directed towards me or Edwin? Check your post, you may need to edit it. Hey man, we all can't be natives! Hence the saying, "Southern by the grace of God". :)

Edwin_H: Torture...yeah...I bet! I doubt my non-audiophile ears could actually hear the difference. 2900-vs-5900

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
"Was your last post directed towards me or Edwin? Check your post, you may need to edit it. Hey man, we all can't be natives! Hence the saying, "Southern by the grace of God"."

Yep, sorry about that lol.......Hell, you, me, and Mylan can all just go together......we'll get to hear some quality gear and drive Edwin nuts in the process :)

mylan

Screenwriter
Alan, taking a break from a movie....LCD projection looks pretty awesome but don't sell your RPTV short. Outside of a direct view CRT a CRT RP is THE way to go, best color, best black level. The reason I went with an LCD is no burn in from station logos, too much standard def with black bars on side, or black bars top and bottom. Also no convergence
problems.
Edwin: yeah my ears probably couldn't tell the diff either, thats why I went with the 2910, that and the HDMI and SACD/DVD-A. Couldn't see spending the extra for the 3910, sheesh, that'll go a lond way toward my receiver purchase!

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Mylan: I think what I'm most content about with my tv is the value of CRT RP. Two and a half years ago I picked this thing up from CC for under 2k - a 51" Hitachi ultravision. My brother spent 4k on his Samsung DLP. I'd take mine over his any day. I gladly trade off a little 'clunky-ness' of the thing, cause it is kinda big......and I'm sure the front sound stage would be improved if it wasn't as big as it is, but there is no way I can complain for the money I spent.

By the way, I'll also throw out a plug for Blue Jean Cables......The path from the Denon 2900, through those cables, to the tv is awesome. It was definitely an improvement over my old Rat Shack cables. Sorry for the digression :)

God, I love this hobby..........

Edwin_H

Stunt Coordinator
John, Mylan, and Alan,

You guys get in touch with me via email at [email protected] if you are interested in having like a little get together type thing. I'd be all for it. It'll be a mini-Home Theater Forum invasion of my house. ;) Y'all let me know!

-Edwin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks