What's new

Weird sound problem. Please help im going crazy! (1 Viewer)

Chris Moe

Screenwriter
Alright here is the story. I got myself a new computer for Christmas and the problem that I am having is that whenever I go to play a game I great sound from my 5.1 speakers BUT my case speaker beeps constantly. The beeps are not in any particular order or pattern. So far this has only happened when I try and play games, it does not happen with DVD's or CD's or general computer usuage only when I play games.

Here is my hardware in case it will help someone out there figure out what the problem is.

ASUS P4PE/R/L/SATA motherboard
Pentium 4 2.4
Sony DRU500A DVD
Audiogy 2 sound card
Geforce 4 ti4600 video card
512MB PC2700 DDR ram
Windows XP Pro

The games that I am having this happen on are: Serious Sam and Medal of Honor Allied Assualt. (which are the only two games I have installed right now)

This is the first time that I have built my own computer and everything but this is working great. Can someone out there PLEASE help I am going crazy over this. It is now four in the morning and I am giving up for the night, hopefully when I check back in the morning someone out there will have some idea of what the problem is.

Thanks,

Chris Moe

Screenwriter
Well I got the problem figured out you guys sure were a big help :P
Just in case anyone else ever has this problem here is what was wrong.
It ended up being my power supply. I guess the one that I originally got (Raidmax 400W) wasn't stable enough so I replaced it with an Antec 400W and the problem went away. I found out about this through the ASUS forums.
/me does a happy dance.

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
Lucky you found the problem: I was gonna suggest cutting the wires going to the PC speaker. :)
Last week I put together my newest PC: an Intel MB & P4 2.4G in a new case: only there is no place to plug in the case speaker! Finally I read in the fine print: a speaker is built into the Intel MB.

Lyden

Stunt Coordinator
just about ll new Mobo's come with spaker built on it ... and when all else fails its can allways be the Powersupply antech seems to be good wiht these things

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks