What's new

Weird Reciever Problem - 49tx (1 Viewer)

steve paul

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Elite 49tx which I added a sunfore cinema grand amp to. I decidedto take the amp off yesterday becuase I was A/B ing the 49 as a pre/pro versus a sunfire theater grand. (49 won hands down) - BUT when I disocnnect the amp from the 49, and then hook up speakers direct to the 49 as I did when I got it, no sound comes out at all. Its like the internal amps stopped working. I tried everything. It works fine with the external amp but when I disconnect the interconnects and connect the speaker wires to the 49, no sound at all. Any ideas what happened? I may have to return the 49 with the theater garndII

Chip E

Screenwriter
I hope you didn't fry the internal amps somehow Steve.. Damn, wouldn't that be a bitch.

Ricky T

Supporting Actor
Is it no sound from all 5/7 speakers? Or just the mains?

Make sure you reconnect the jumpers/interconnects from your L&R main preouts and Mains-In.

steve paul

Stunt Coordinator
Still nothing. I returned it to showcase where I bought it..and I ended up walking out with a KRELL home theater standard 2..ouch.

DanSt

Stunt Coordinator
I thought I had the same problem as you when I got my unit yesterday. I was freaking out until I hit the speaker button on the remote. The speaker selection function has 4 settings. A, B, A+B and Off. Mine was set to off and I was getting NO sound from any speakers. I hit it once (A) and it switched on all the speakers. Did you try this?

DanSt

Stunt Coordinator
I love it! I still have a little more tweaking to do, but it already sounds fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks