What's new

Weird HD mode where the movie looks like you're looking through glass? (1 Viewer)

altinnovation

Auditioning
Real Name
Johnny Le Gente
Hello, I just bought a new Samsung HD 1080p TV and was wondering if it's possible to watch HD movies on it like the ones they show in the stores. It's where the movement of the characters looks so weird so much that it looks like you're looking through glass, and not at a movie. I talked to a friend a long time ago and he said it was something to do with the Hertz. Does anyone know? Thanks :)

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
There are several auto processing modes...make sure they are turned off.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Gregg Loewen

There are several auto processing modes...make sure they are turned off.

Gregg,

Should I do the same with the THX mode on the Panny Plasma coming to me?

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi Crawdaddy!! By definition of "THX" they are turned off when in the THX viewing mode. Also make sure your color temp is in warm 1, which will be the closest to D65.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings THX mode defaults to warm 2 color temp. It is usually close, but on the redder side of things. Warm 1 is no more closer than warm 2 ... but it is on the bluer side of things. regards

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
altinnovation said:
Hello, I just bought a new Samsung HD 1080p TV and was wondering if it's possible to watch HD movies on it like the ones they show in the stores. It's where the movement of the characters looks so weird so much that it looks like you're looking through glass, and not at a movie. I talked to a friend a long time ago and he said it was something to do with the Hertz. Does anyone know? Thanks :)
Yup. Most HD tv's have a setting that allows you to watch a movie that is filmed 24 frames per second in a simulated 60 fps resulting a very 'lifelike' image. If your tv has the setting just experiment with the different modes until you see a noticable difference. Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks