What's new

Weekly RoundUp 9/14/04 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks for all the info everyone!

:laugh: I actually laughed aloud when I read that, Matt. Why, oh why didn't the moviemakers use that for the title?!?! Oh yeah...99% of the movie's fans would have just thought it was a misspelling.

John Swarce

Second Unit
Thanks for the round-up, Mike!

Maybe THX for me this week....anything good coming out next week that I should know about?? ;)

John

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee

I think some of the cast were calling it that. I have a vague recollection of SMG saying something in a talk show appearance.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Andrea, I think we all know how long you've been waiting for George Lucas to put the finishing touches on his Dora Trilogy and finally release it on DVD! ;)

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
I'm thinking of getting THX this week so that Star Wars will become my 200th DVD (according to the counts on DVD Aficionado and DVD Profiler available in my sig)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

Here's some other new releases that should be available in all Targets on Tuesday:

7th Heaven S1 $49.99
Angels In America $29.99
Different Strokes S1 $24.99
Sanford and Son $24.99
Simpsons Gone WIld $9.99
Lost in Space S2V1 $29.99
THX-1138: Special Edition $19.99

Nothing for me, although I will probably pick up I Love Lucy S2 which I missed a couple weeks back. Great job as always, Mike!

EDIT: Looks like I forgot that "I Married a Monster..." is out this week; how could I pass up on that B-movie classic?

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
So much I want this week, but I'll probably only get Simpsons Gone Wild, gotta save some money for next week, something coming out about wars between stars or something...

I eventually want, THX 1138, Scooby Doo 2, Sanford and Son: Season 5, Home on the Range, Everybody Love Raymond Season 1, and Different Strokes season 1. That's a lot to want, but not get.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Thanks, as always, Mike. Just Scooby (1&2) for me, at BB. I have a $3 mail-in rebate for SD2 from a box of Scooby Doo graham cracker snacks that my sister bought my niece, so that "sweetens" the deal (not the best pun ever, I know). Those Scooby graham crackers (in the shape of dog bones) are pretty good, BTW.

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor

Just came back from Costco and it is $17.59 for the Directors cut DVD, and you get a bonus "Long Box" for those of you who remember how CD's used to be displayed/sold in stores.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
At my Costco, the price for "Home on the Range" is actually $18.29. "THX-1138" 2-disc rang up as $17.19

I'm looking at the receipt, so these numbers are exact for Store #390 in Livonia, MI.

Regards,

NeilO

Senior HTF Member

Has anyone seen if they are only stocking this version? If they have the special edition, what is the ballpark price?

Thanks,

Neil

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
I know there is some anti best buy sentiment around this forum (not everyone, if it were everyone i wouldn't post this)...but the 2 disk Directors Cut of THX rang up for me at 14.99

Not a bad deal if u ask me. I also picked up Man On Fire with the bonus disk, Nelly's two new albums, Dawn of the Dead UE (34 bux is a steal)...PLUS i saw Jurassic Park on a 9.99 sale and looked at the back to see if it was a RED grid indicating it was the correct DTS version .. not having high hopes, since I've checked every copy of JP at my BB for the last year or so, but low and behold it was RED! It's been a wonderful, yet expensive day!

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks