What's new

Weekly RoundUp 7-10-2012 (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Dennis Nicholls /t/322086/weekly-roundup-7-10-2012#post_3946153
Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines was shot in Todd-AO. It will be interesting to see how good the transfer comes out on BR.
A friend who already got his told me today that it looks, well, magnificent.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Dennis Nicholls said:
So is anyone going to be coffin up the bucks for Dark Shadows? :confused:
Mike Frezon said:
Not me.  If I brought that set home, my wife would blow a casket. 
fdb4723b.jpg

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I'm intrigued by the "Spartacus (1913)/Ben-Hur (1907)" release but I'm not familiar with Grapevine Video, the company releasing it. Are they legit or are they a bargain-basement "public domain" releasing company? From the selling price, I'm guessing it's the latter?
Is anyone familiar with this company? My brief online search only yielded their official website. I also couldn't find any of their products reviewed.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I wish I had some idea, Brian.

I just saw the entry at Amazon for the week and was intrigued enough (also) to include it in the RoundUp. There was quite a number of other Grapevine titles also being released this week.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by TravisR /t/322086/weekly-roundup-7-10-2012#post_3946008
If you liked the other American Pie movies, American Reunion is a fun look at the characters today. I don't know if I'll buy it this week (especially with that Barnes And Noble sale on Criterion discs) but I'll get it at some point.
Thanks for the prices, Mike!
It was much better than I thought it would be. I will be adding it when it drops a bit.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
ManW_TheUncool said:
Hadn't heard about Quills before, but looks like it'd make a great rental for the family though they might end up begging me for a dog as pet again -- we recently started getting them goldfish again, but those poor fishies... :P   And if Quills becomes a hit w/ the family, I might buy it later if/when I find a good price for it.
That's Quill. If you show your kids Quills, you're gonna have a lot of 'splainin' to do! ;)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by MattH. /t/322086/weekly-roundup-7-10-2012/30#post_3946782
The review for Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines can be found here.

And a link's been added to the OP, Matt. Thanks!

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I picked up Blade II at the local Best Buy for $9.99, and was also surprised to find The Butterfly Effect put out, which isn't due for release until next week, also for $9.99

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks