What's new

Weekly RoundUp 4-6-2010 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
600x342px-LL-MikesRoundUp.jpg

[COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The Features[/COLOR]

– Ian McKellen & Viggo Mortensen (LOTR: Return of the King – 2003)

– Robert Redford (The Natural – 1984)

– Nicolas Cage & Eva Mendes (The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans – 2009)

–Cast (The Unusuals– 2009)

[COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The Prices[/COLOR]

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon
[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]SD-DVD TITLE[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Amazon[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]BestBuy[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Target[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Costco[/COLOR] Ally McBeal: Season 2

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon
[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]BLU-RAY TITLE[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Amazon[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]BestBuy[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Target[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Costco[/COLOR] The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans $14.99 $19.99 $19.99 Battlestar Galactica: Season 2 $62.99 $89.99 Battlestar Galactica: Complete Series Box Set $209.99 $244.99 The Big Gay Musical $26.49 $24.99 Blood Ties: Complete Series $40.49 $34.99 Cocoon (25th Anniversary Edition) $18.49 $16.99 Dolan's Cadillac $14.49 $19.99 Dreamscape $21.49 $19.99 Flight of the Intruder $15.99 $17.99 Jade $14.49 $14.99 Lord of the Rings: Motion Picture Trilogy $63.99 $59.99 $59.99 $64.99 Lord of the Rings (Animated 1978) $19.99 $19.99 $19.99 Madonna: Sticky & Sweet Tour $20.99 $17.99 The Natural $17.49 $19.99 Poseidon $18.99 $24.99 The Relic $12.99 $14.99 Sharpe's Challenge $18.49 $19.99 Sharpe's Peril $19.49 $19.99 The Thomas Crown Affair $15.99 $17.99 M-G-M Blu-Ray DVD Combo Pack Titles
(See below for titles and warning) $17.99 $14.99
(CC) after a title = New release in the Criterion Collection.

Individual Titles in the Collections Listed Above:

Icons of Suspense: Hammer Films (DVD): Cash on Demand, Stop Me Before I Kill!, Maniac (1963), The Snorkel, Never Take Candy From a Stranger, These Are the Damned.

Lord of the Rings: Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray): LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring, LOTR: The Two Towers, LOTR: Return of the King.

Various individual M-G-M "Combo Pack" titles released this week (Blu-ray/DVD): A Bridge Too Far, Bulletproof Monk, Commando, Dodgeball, The Graduate, Hart's War, Hoosiers, Igor, The Last Waltz, Napolean Dynamite, Out of Time, Planet of the Apes (2001), The Protector, Road House, Robocop, Rocky, Roller Ball, Speed, Super Troopers, The Terminator, The Usual Suspects, Walking Tall, Windtalkers. [SIZE= larger]BE CAREFUL![/SIZE] Both amazon and bestbuy.com are describing the DVD discs in these titles to be pan-and-scan (1.33:1). I have a very hard time believing that would be true, but until there is verification...consider yourself warned!

[COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The Disclaimer[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week in the RoundUp[/COLOR]. The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well as those which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers (and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this, and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don't complain!
If there is a title not included in the [COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]RoundUp[/COLOR] that you want to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the [COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]RoundUp[/COLOR]. They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still out of business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their prices anyway).

[COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The Specials[/COLOR]

--Amazon has an exclusive release this week of the complete series of The Unusuals.

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]--Best Buy has EXCLUSIVE BLU-RAY RELEASE of the Lord of the Rings Motion Picture Trilogy. It includes the Anduril Sword Letter Opener in a special keepsake box ($74.99). Limited 4 per store. No rainchecks. Sword is NOT a toy. Keep out of reach of children.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]--Best Buy has the following Blu-ray titles on sale:

$9.99: Blow, A History of Violence, The Lost Boys, Firewall, Righteous Kill, Behind Enemy Lines, Entrapment, Transporter 2, Running Man.

$19.99: Sorority Row, Couples Retreat, Brothers, Law Abiding Citizen.

$22.99: Armored, Planet 51, Did You Hear About the Morgans?

$24.99: Jennifer's Body.

$29.99: Twilight Saga: New Moon

[/COLOR]--Best Buy Odds and Ends: None to report.

--Target this week has no specials on any of the new releases.

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]--The following Blu-rays are on sale @ Target for $17.99: Fight Club, Quantum of Solace, Coraline, Taken, Bourne Ultimatum, Gladiator, Braveheart.[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]Titles shown and selected others.[/COLOR]

--Target Odds and Ends: None to report.

Last edited by a moderator:

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I did notice that Target has a CD/DVD combo pack of the Madonna Sticky and Sweet Tour for $14.98. Not sure what the difference is between that and the BD version that is in the grid. I'll reseach and post later.

Happy Easter!

Edit: The DVD portion of the combo pack is the same as the BD version. The CD in the combo pack includes thirteen of the tracks from the show. Amazon has the combo pack for $15.99 and Best Buy is $16.99.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Best Buy on sale DVD items:

$9.99 each:
Ghosts of Girlfriends Past

$14.99 each:
Julie & Julia
Funny People
I Can Do Bad All By Myself
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Snow White
G.I. Joe
Ninja Assassin

$19.99 each:
Sherlock Holmes
[COLOR= rgb(51, 102, 255)]
Blu-ray:

$9.99 each:
Blow
A History of Violence
The Lost Boys
Firewall
Righteous Kill
Behind Enemy Lines
Entrapment
Transporter 2
Running Man

$19.99 each:
Sorority Row
Couples Retreat
Brothers
Law Abiding Citizen

$22.99 each:
Armored
Planet 51
Did You Hear About the Morgans

$24.99:
Jennifer's Body

$29.99:
New Moon[/COLOR]

---------

Target on sale DVD items:

[COLOR= rgb(51, 102, 255)]Blu-ray:

$17.99 each:
Fight Club
Quantum of Solace
Coraline
Taken
The Bourne Ultimatum
Gladiator
Braveheart[/COLOR]

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I am really on the fence regarding Lord of the Rings. Be great to see it in Blu, but truthfully, I don't think I have watched the theatrical editions since the Extendeds were released. Boy, some sale on New Moon. 29.99? What's the regular price?

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
I may pick up the animated Lord of the Rings. Gonna hold off on the Trilogy for now (nothing to do with image quality). I was hoping the BSG set would be less expensive. I'll have to wait on that one awhile too. The Mrs. might be interested in The Thomas Crown Affair.

Eric_R.

Stunt Coordinator
Shame they didn't drop the price much of BSG even with the repackaged set. Fortunately the cheapest price on that set is from Amazon.ca. You can get it for $150 for the full blu ray box set.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Wow, I just saw that Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans made Amazon's top 10 sellers in Blu-ray. Must be that $14.99 price.

I'm working on the review now. First Look has an erratic track record, but they did a good job with this one.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Thanks. Grabbing two of my favorites from 2009 this week, The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans and The Collector, both on Blu. Might also pick up The Relic for cheap. Haven't seen that one in ages.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Didn't know about Cocoon, I don't have that on any fomrat. I'm curious how Thomas Crown translated to BD and how this plays into MGM's current lock-up with BD output and the Bond Tiles, but this is for another thread.

By the way, Amazon list's Crown at $11.99 now

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon

Various individual M-G-M "Combo Pack" titles released this week (Blu-ray/DVD): A Bridge Too Far, Bulletproof Monk, Commando, Dodgeball, The Graduate, Hart's War, Hoosiers, Igor, The Last Waltz, Napolean Dynamite, Out of Time, Planet of the Apes (2001), The Protector, Road House, Robocop, Rocky, Roller Ball, Speed, Super Troopers, The Terminator, The Usual Suspects, Walking Tall, Windtalkers. [SIZE= larger]BE CAREFUL! [/SIZE] Both amazon and bestbuy.com are describing the DVD discs in these titles to be pan-and-scan (1.33:1). I have a very hard time believing that would be true, but until there is verification...consider yourself warned!

Not sure. I did pick up Thomas Crown and the DVD copy in it is a flipper--1.33:1 on one side and widescreen on the other.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hmmmm. I wonder what happened to my image of Robert Redford in The Natural in the OP?

I don't see it anymore.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon . I deleted some of the product images we had because they had the incorrect cover. If you were using a different image then I am off the hook.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Various individual M-G-M "Combo Pack" titles released this week (Blu-ray/DVD): A Bridge Too Far, Bulletproof Monk, Commando, Dodgeball, The Graduate, Hart's War, Hoosiers, Igor, The Last Waltz, Napolean Dynamite, Out of Time, Planet of the Apes (2001), The Protector, Road House, Robocop, Rocky, Roller Ball, Speed, Super Troopers, The Terminator, The Usual Suspects, Walking Tall, Windtalkers. [SIZE= larger]BE CAREFUL! [/SIZE] Both amazon and bestbuy.com are describing the DVD discs in these titles to be pan-and-scan (1.33:1). I have a very hard time believing that would be true, but until there is verification...consider yourself warned!

Looking at these on Amazon it looks like they are in DVD cases.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks