What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3-23-2010 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I think we can all be assured Eric was having some fun (and maybe forgot a smiley).

David: Thanks for posting that info about the Disney Movie Rewards coupons. Some people think that by the time they're done with this purchase the Disney Company will be owing them money!

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by David Norman

Did you just sandbag the whole forum and more than one took the bait? 6years and 2700 posts surely make this a bit suspicious do
It was more of an "inside joke" for Mike...he's such a TS fan that I thought I would have a little fun with him. I am glad that SOMEONE figured it out!

BTW, I already have a "date" to take my niece and nephew to TS3D when it opens...and I made the request to take THEM!

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Yes I fell for "the inside joke" I guess I'm too used to members who want to know why there are still black bars on their widescreen TVs! Oh, andI almost forgot... I gotta get Mad Men Season 3 as well!

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Enter UPC of TS and/or TS2 in the "Enter Code" box on the right of the screen, this should take you to a page to print the $10 off coupons (can print 2 coupons for each movie)
This does not seem to work for the TS Box.

EDIT : I take that back. You need to enter the smaller numbers to the left and right of the bar code.

Only worth $10 tho. Would it be wrong to post the UPC codes here?

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I'm doing the TS combo preorder deal w/ TRU as well. Picked up Princess and the Frog 3-disc BD last Friday w/ the $15 credit and various promo/discount/coupon deals for a net price of ~$7+tax on PatF w/ $10 deposit toward the TS preorder already included.

So for the TS preorder pickup, I should be paying ~$22x2 - $10 (for combo purchase) - $10x2 (for upgrade coupons) - $10 (for preorder deposit) - whatever other coupons TRU allows.

_Man_

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by David Norman ">[/url]

Apparently Fry's has a 19.99 price for each with the $10 Both Discount, but apparently Fry's doesn't always accept coupons even if you can get to the B&M stores.

[/QUOTE]Based on personal experience, Fry's normally accepts manufacturer coupons; however, their policy is to not allow you to stack a MC on top of any other (in-store) discount/promo--IOW, Fry's will let you choose either the $10/both discount or redeem the two manufacturer coupons for TS/TS2...but not let you do both--especially if the MC explicitly states that it (the coupon) can't be used in conjunction with any other offer...unfortunately the two TS coupons have this wording. Of course you could still try to see if you can do both and hope that you don't get a cashier who'll actually take the time and effort to read the coupon redemption rules. Then again, it would appear that TRU has the best offer anyway so my post about Fry's MC acceptance policy is somewhat pointless, as far as the TS/TS2 deal is concerned. [/url]

This does not seem to work for the TS Box.

EDIT : I take that back. You need to enter the smaller numbers to the left and right of the bar code.

Only worth $10 tho. Would it be wrong to post the UPC codes here?
[/QUOTE]I believe someone has already posted them earlier in this thread, but even if it weren't allowed for the codes to be posted here, I'm sure it would not be too hard to find them on Google.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
How does that extra $15 off preorder deal at TRU work? Do you need to find a special coupon in the store? Can anyone verify that the deal is still live?

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Aaron, when you bring the TS pre-order sheet to the register, it should take the $15 off instantly from another Disney title. I don't know how they'd work it if you don't want to get something immediately, but I brought Princess and the Frog to the register with me and it rang up as 34.99-15. The pre-order information is on a color, double-sided heavy duty sheet on or near the Disney DVD/BD display. The fine print says deposit must be made by 3/22 (today). I picked mine up this morning with no problems.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Andrew Pierce

Someone posted "example" UPCs. I can confirm that they were very good examples.
LOL--what are the odds that these "example" UPCs happened to have the same numbers as the actual product UPCs?

How does that extra $15 off preorder deal at TRU work? Do you need to find a special coupon in the store? Can anyone verify that the deal is still live?
As someone else pointed out, no coupon needed--you put down your $10 for the TS/TS2 preorder, along with any Disney movie priced $19.99 (or was it $29.99?) or higher--at checkout, $15 will be deducted from your Disney movie purchase. Also, there appears to be a separate $5-off Disney movie promo going on in-store so you'd be getting a total of $20 off your movie purchase if you elect to purchase any other Disney movie along with TS and TS2. I took advantage of this by picking up A Bug's Life on Blu-ray for only $10 (plus tax)--$29.99 (sticker price)- $15 (promo for ordering TS and TS2) - $5 (additional Disney movie promo--discount taken at register, no coupon needed) = $9.99.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by TonyTone

Sheer and utter luck I tell you. OTOH, there are about 20 ways to easily find those numbers if you needed -- Barnes and Noble list them on their website, DVDProfiler has them in their search engine, any sale on Ebay often lists the information.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
There actually was a "coupon" in the form of the preorder ticket, but they had plenty of those left. They had ONE copy left of A Bug's Life on BD, which was pretty much the only thing I wanted (I think they were even out of The Princess and the Frog on BD, although I got that last week). It took off the $15 and the mystery $5, so that set came out to $10. $24 total for three Pixar combo packs and two movie tickets? Not too shabby!

Anyone get greedy and try using the $10 off *and* the $5 off coupons? :)

They're having some sort of Easter Egg Hunt in the store on Saturday at noon, so for those with kids, that might be a good time to go pick up the discs (assuming they set aside copies for all the preorders so they don't sell out before then).

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman /forum/thread/299103/weekly-roundup-3-23-2010/30#post_3673444

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman /forum/thread/299103/weekly-roundup-3-23-2010/30#post_3673444

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Well, it took me a half hour to actually get out of the store since no one quite knew what to do. First thing, they had stashed the pre-order BD's behind Customer Service and didn't stock any on the shelves.

Then, I walked out of the store having paid $5.42 (with tax) for both. I'm still not sure how that worked, but I'm not complaining.

Toy Story Original price of $29.99 - $5 (TRU bundle for buying 2): $24.99
$24.99 - $8.00 (off select items): $16.99
$16.99 - $5 (pre-order): $11.99

Toy Story 2 Original price of $29.99 - $5 (TRU bundle for buying 2): $24.99
$24.99 - $8.00 (off select items): $16.99
$16.99 - $5 (pre-order): $11.99

Total so far: $23.98

$23.98 - $10 (Disney manufacturer's coupon): $13.98
$13.98 - $10 (receipt says Toy Story balance due): $3.98
$3.98 + $1.44 (tax): $5.42

Therefore, I got both TS's plus the 3-disc Princess and the Frog ($19.99) for a total of about $25. I'm not complaining. I think the second $10 off is a mistake, but the register kept putting it on and the store manager said to simply go with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks