What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3-23-2010 (1 Viewer)

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by DennisBassi

Hello,

I bought TS and TS2 and intend to use the free movie tickets on TS3. Does anyone know if I will be able to print coupons off of my login for both codes so that I get two tickets? I know there are funny exclusions of "one per customer" but do not know how it would apply in this case, since TS has one code and TS2 has another. Has anyone else printed off two tickets over their single login?

Thanks.

You are able to enter / add one code per title to your Disney Movie Rewards (DMR) account. So, yes you can add one code each for TS1 and TS2. After entering those codes at DMR.com you will receive 2 Hollywood Movie Money reward codes to print your free tickets at www.activaterewards.com/ts3 . I bought 2 of each (Two TS1 & Two TS2) and tried to enter all 4 codes at DMR.com and the second pair of codes were denied (message: you have already entered codes for these titles). I specifically bought the second pair just for the codes, so I created a DMR.com account for my wife and entered the second set of codes on her account. So I ended up with 4 tickets (or partial tickets) to see TS3)

Originally Posted by TravisR

^ So instead of paying $15, you'll pay $6.50. Why complain about that?

With the $8.50 tickets that I'll save on the ticket price, I'm actually up $3 from buying the Toy Story Blu-rays.

For me it's a wash: I paid $17.38 (after combo discount and coupons and including tax) at Target for the pair of TS1 & TS2 and I'll get $17 credit towards tickets to see TS3 in theaters. That's why I went back for a second pair - I knew that I'll need more tickets for TS3, so I picked-up a second set of TS1 & TS2 on BD + DVD for free (basically) that I can use as a gift.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
According to the news today, movie ticket prices are expected to increase today across the country (but not uniformly).

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman

According to the news today, movie ticket prices are expected to increase today across the country (but not uniformly).
The news story I read mentioned only AMC and Regal chains. Recent 3D and IMAX successes have shown people are willing to pay more for movies, so why not raise prices all around?

Does anyone know if these movie passes in the TS/TS2 packages will be honored for 3D showings? The theaters around here do not accept any kind of free passes or discounts for 3D "event" films (not even their own passes...I won two in the recent Academy Awards contest and they specifically exclude 3D showings).

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
New Toy Story deal alert! I just got an email from The Disney Store -- if you buy both combo packs there, you get a $20 gift card and a set of five character pins. Those who are into collecting that sort of thing might want to check it out.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Malcolm R

Does anyone know if these movie passes in the TS/TS2 packages will be honored for 3D showings?
There was a coupon for $x off of a ticket for Up (maybe in A Bug's Life?) last year and I used it for a 3-D showing. I can't speak for every movie theater but the way that it looks like it works to me is that the theater gets reimbursed for the cost of the 'free' tickets so it's no big deal for them to take them.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman

New Toy Story deal alert! I just got an email from The Disney Store -- if you buy both combo packs there, you get a $20 gift card and a set of five character pins. Those who are into collecting that sort of thing might want to check it out.
We haven't had a Disney store in this area for years. We used to have one in each of the big local malls. Good-sized stores, too...with reasonably decent media sections.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
The Marcus theater chain in WI won't take the coupons for the 3D showings either. And like the post above, they don't take their own passes for the 3D shows. Again, YMMV...

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
FYI, while swapping my TS 2 BD at TRU today, I saw they had a 2-day-only Buy-1-Get-1-Free deal on all DVDs (for yesterday and today). I tried to get My Neighbor Totoro and Kiki's Delivery Service, but the Times Square TRU had neither -- I might've settled for either one plus Ponyo on DVD, but no dice.

Maybe someone reading this might still have time to make use of that deal tonight.

_Man_

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Posten

Seriously, this is a great deal. BUT any place that requires me to install a directx bug so I can print their coupons can KMA
Meh, that's SOP for most online coupons these days.

Incidentally, my TRU took both $10 and both $5 coupons, no problem. The kid working the register was very impressed! But I felt bad after I left and looked at my receipt, when I realized I could've gotten another Hot Wheel for free. (After the coupons, the total price of the two sets was less than the $10 I'd paid in preorder, and the other things I bought added up to $1 less than the overage. The computer simply counted one of the $5 coupons for $4, and I only paid tax.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks