1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Weekly RoundUp 2-11-2020

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Mike Frezon, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

2. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Hey RoundUppers!

Look sharp! You may find something new this week that you want on your shelf. :D

I guess this week marks the first week that we see the Disney/Amazon feud carry over onto a Fox release... :rolleyes:

Safe shopping!

Jake Lipson likes this.
  3. Jeff Cooper

Jeff Cooper Cinematographer

For some reason, I have the sudden urge to watch Total Recall.

DavidJ likes this.
  4. DavidJ

DavidJ Producer

David
    I’m looking forward to adding Ford v Ferrari on 4K to my collection next week. It’s in my top 5 for the year.

Thanks for the RoundUp, Mike!

5. Todd Erwin

Todd Erwin Producer
    Reviewer

Todd Erwin
    Nothing in the review queue for me this week.

6. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Director
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    Some interesting titles in the line-up. Nice to see a silent classic like Blood and Sand get a Blu-ray release.

Thanks for the RoundUp!

7. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Director

I've been intrigued by the new (and short lived) "Swamp Thing" series, but not enough to subscribe to yet another streaming service. So I might pick that up on Blu-Ray.

8. Message #8 of 25 Feb 5, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Lead Actor

Jake Lipson
    Thank you, Mike!

Nothing for me this week.

Regarding the graphics above the grid, unless I'm missing something, the Roma that is being released this week by Criterion is the Alfonso Cuarón film from 2017, not Felini's, which already has a Criterion release. When Roma was announced, I said I'd gladly pay for it on street week to show support for a Netflix movie being released on Blu-ray, but I wasn't expecting so many expensive things I want coming up in the future. So I will hold off on that until a sale because there are other things coming down the pike soon that are even more important to me.

Ford v. Ferrari and First Love were also very entertaining in theaters, but I can pass on them for now as well.

9. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Great catch, Jake! My bad. Many thanks. I have updated the images and grid to reflect the change. :thumbsup:

I've also added a link to Matt's review of the Blu-ray release of Legal Eagles. :D

Jake Lipson likes this.
  10. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Director
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    Very thoughtful, Mike. I appreciate it. Thanks.

11. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I already got My Bloody Valentine direct from Shout Factory.

Thanks for the prices, Mike! :)

12. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    Target is having another "buy 2, get 1 free" sale.

B-ROLL likes this.
  13. David Norman

David Norman Producer

So far the "Select Items" have been extremely narrowly focused compared to previous sales. Virtually no Shout, WAC, Universal or Sony MOD, Criterion, etc.

Most of the Disney's I checked were allowed, but the reactions in the other forums have been uniformly unhappy/disappointed. Nothing in my Target wishlist of 100 titles other than Disney was allowed and 2/3 are OOS even if they were. Even the Disney titles it appears DMC is cheaper with this months B1G60% off offer,

DavidJ likes this.
  14. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    Yes, I noticed that too and hoped the sale items will further populated, but so far, nothing new added I can see right now.

DavidJ likes this.
  15. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Lead Actor

Jake Lipson
    It looks like the Best Buy Disney 4K steelbook sale which I mentioned last week -- and then thought ended when all of the prices went up to $34.99 on Sunday -- is back. Frozen is back at $14.99, Tangled is back at $19.99, etc. If anyone wants some slightly older catalog titles from Disney for super cheap, head over there and check out what they've got. I clearly have no idea how long this sale will go on.

16. Kent K H

Kent K H Auditioning

FvF is the pick up for me this week. Really enjoyed that one.

17. Nelson Au

Nelson Au Executive Producer

Hey guys, I’m not a regular collector of the Steelcase offerings from Best Buy, but certain titles I really like to have. So it’s a real disappointment that Ford v Ferrari is sold out so fast. I see them on ebay. What’s surprising to me, and I’m sure this has been going on for a while, is people buy the Steelase, take the digital code out, then sell the Steelcase and discs at a profit.

18. ScottJH

ScottJH Supporting Actor

Scott
    When I pre-ordered back in December I could only select in-store pickup there was no shipping option. Since then I would occasionally recheck the page and I don't recall ever seeing a shipping option so I thnk this caused stores to sell out quicker than usual. Not saying it will happen for this steelbook but keep checking .com tomorrow into Saturday I think stores get a media re-stock then.

19. Nelson Au

Nelson Au Executive Producer

Thanks Scott for the input! I stopped by my local Best Buy on my way home from work with the intention of getting the regular 4K blu ray. I asked if they had any Steelbooks of Ford v Ferrari and the clerk checked and it turns out there was one copy at another Best Buy 9 miles away, from the way I came. I asked if they could hold it for me and he said since it was a current new release they couldn’t. The clerk was very nice about it and I really did appreciate his checking other stores. We both checked the Best Buy app too on our phones that showed the Steelbook was sold out. But he said their computers are dead on about inventory. So I cancelled my purchase and drove back to the other Best Buy. It’s a smaller store and they did have one copy on the shelf! So I lucked out no one beat me to it. :)

238B5261-146B-4B2A-BCBB-2252D463F3F2.

By the way, I had a funny chat with the Best Buy clerk who helped me find the copy at the other store. We talked about how these exclusives are showing up on eBay. He said he sees it all the time, people come in and buy handfuls of copies and they can’t stop them. I said they ought to be limiting how many people can buy and he agreed. He’d asked why the company allows it. But was told they don’t have a policy on this, they just make a very few copies of these Steelbooks and sell them out.

There is nothing really special about the Steelbook. No extras, I just liked the case.

20. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Yes, they either need to limit to one per customer, or not make them limited editions. I've never understood why these companies willingly create a secondary market that benefits other people instead of their own bottom line?