What's new

Weekly RoundUp 11-13-2012 (1 Viewer)

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
deepdiscount.com has the big box sex of "Lawrence of Arabia" on sale today only for $49.99 and the 2-disc version for $17.04 with free shipping.

David Dias

Stunt Coordinator
"Lawrence of Arabia" without a doubt.
$29.99 for "Empire of the Sun" is pricey, will wait for a sale.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Originally Posted by David Norman /t/325110/weekly-roundup-11-13-2012#post_4000153
Not a Disney coupon.
Wow! This is the first Pixar title, (or any Disney Plat/Diamond edition) that hasn't had a coupon isn't it? I wonder what's going on with that?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I forgot to check before, but Disney Store is doing the usual 4 lithographs + $10/$20 future purchase coupon deal with Brave preorders at $24.99. It may be too late at this point; call your local store to see if they still have the lithos (they'll probably still have the coupons).
Note that they are also doing the same deal with Nemo and Peter Pan, which may or may not be available yet.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Jeff Cooper said:
Wow!  This is the first Pixar title, (or any Disney Plat/Diamond edition) that hasn't had a coupon isn't it?  I wonder what's going on with that?
My guess would be that they know it'll sell with or without a coupon so they see no need to waste money on it.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
There was an $8 coupon at Amazon WAY back when Brave was first announced. Maybe that was the defacto coupon for it and the $19.99 is gravy?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
The Amazon coupon is different -- usually there's a printable in-store coupon on the Disney Movie Rewards site.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Yeah, got that part. I was just wondering if that coupon, from Amazon, was taking the place of the DMR coupon this time around.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Jeff Cooper said:
Wow!  This is the first Pixar title, (or any Disney Plat/Diamond edition) that hasn't had a coupon isn't it?  I wonder what's going on with that?
I think the first one in a long while anyway.
I think Finding Nemo already has a coupon website placeholder waiting to go live at the end of the month.
I'm not sure I know the reasoning behind not having one unless it's a trial run to slowly wean us off of expecting
coupons at least for first time releases -- many of them have already dropped from 10 to 8 to 5.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks