What's new

Weekly Roundup 10/8 (1 Viewer)

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
What are the odds that Best Buy will price-match B&tB and honor the $5 off any other Disney DVD in-store promo?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Any really great deals on "The Rookie" anywhere?
That title came out weeks ago. At this point you should probably check www.dvdpricesearch.com
BTW, be careful of this title as it was released in separate widescreen and full screen versions, but the only way to tell them apart is to check the security sticker on the top edge of the case or to read the technical specs on the back. Disney didn't put anything on the cover to indicate which is which. :angry:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If you have a Blockbuster near you, and aren't too picky, you can buy a PVD (Previously Viewed Disc) for $10-$13 now or soon as it becomes a PVD title that BB wants to sell off.

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
BTW, be careful of this title as it was released in separate widescreen and full screen versions, but the only way to tell them apart is to check the security sticker on the top edge of the case or to read the technical specs on the back. Disney didn't put anything on the cover to indicate which is which.
New widescreen copies of "The Rookie" are now packaged with "widescreen" stickers on the front of the shrink-wrap. And there's also the widescreen banner on the spine.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Just a note that this upcoming weekend is Best Buy's Preferred Customer sale. I got the standard 10% off up to 5 DVDs coupon. Wait until Friday, use your coupons, and save a buck or two at Best Buy.

GregBoehme

Agent
"For those interested in Cold Hearts for the "Pink Ranger booty factor" , I'm told by someone I've never dealt with before that she's *not* nekkid in this film"

Well somehow my browser got a virus that causes it to show usenet groups that have pictures of famous women with a high skin to clothing ratio :b And all request for AJJ usually end up with the pics from her site as the most revealing and one very far shot of a nude bedroom scene which may be from this movie but is so far away as to be less interesting than the site pics...

Greg

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Any idea why I can not get on to Coscto.com I have been trying for two days now?

Wes

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Oh...Rob Lutter: Did you see this thread about more Muppet discs?
Stop, Dave. Please stop, Dave. My money is going. I can feel it. I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave.
:D
I just ordered the first 10 Muppet Show discs for under $100. I've got a smile across my face like you wouldn't believe. :)
Thanks, Dave!
- Steve

MikeDE

Second Unit
Was at a Best Buy today, and it seems like they have jacked up the prices on a lot of stock. Some titles, like Jackie Brown, went up $3, while one box set I looked at jumped up $15. Wal-Mart, KMart & Circuit City had better deals on a lot of older and new releases. Looks like I'll be doing more online buying for older titles now.

Mike

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Was at a Best Buy today, and it seems like they have jacked up the prices on a lot of stock. Some titles, like Jackie Brown, went up $3, while one box set I looked at jumped up $15. Wal-Mart, KMart & Circuit City had better deals on a lot of older and new releases. Looks like I'll be doing more online buying for older titles now.
There were a huge number of what the company calls "permanent price changes" that went into effect company-wide over the past week or so. Literally, price changes on at least 10,000 SKUs in the CD and DVD sections, a big majority of which were price-hikes (probably 75-80% of the prices went up). I saw DVD prices that went from $9.99 to $17.99, $14.99 to $17.99, $19.99 to $22.99, on up. There were even some anime box sets which went from $149.99 to $199.99! :eek:
:thumbsdown:

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Price hikes at BB...just in time for a "preferred customer" coupon sale. Yeah, right.

- Steve

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Oh...Rob Lutter: Did you see this thread about more Muppet discs?
Dave, you are an evil evil man for pointing that out :) I will order those as soon as I get through the other 10 discs :D
The price hikes at Best Buy are unfortunate... but I almost NEVER get catalogue titles there that aren't in the paper that week :)
For an idea on the price hikes (from looking at BB.COM)... an anime boxset I was looking at last week for $79.99 went up to 97.99 :eek:

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Man, I feel just like Dave Lambert... I just found a deal :)
Jason X is $14.99 right now on Bestbuy.com :D

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Ummm...could it be cuz you spelled "Costco" wrong? I was on it just a little while ago, so it's up.
:b
I did misspell it in the post but I have been trying searches and what have you and it would never load any of the costco pages. So I just went to my Netscape and it loaded where IE would not? Not sure why it would not work with IE!

Wes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks