What's new

Weekly RoundUp 10-2-2007 (1 Viewer)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I just placed an order on Amazon for Blu-ray versions of Dracula and Underworld. With the free shipping option, it's saying expected delivery is Oct 15-19. Is this typical?! I'm thinking of just cancelling - seems very long.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Amazon's free shipping is an often-discussed topic around here, Dave. I think the bottom line is "you get what you pay for." :D

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Speaking of Amazon, I noticed earlier today that they have the recent Roger Corman Collection, the Vincent Price MGM Scream Legends Collection and the 4-disc (Vincent Price) The Fly Collection all on sale for $22.49 each (44% off!) This is a pretty sweet deal if, like me, you were never able to track them down at an area b&m...

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Thanks, Mike and Patrick. This week has more stuff I want than I expected. I'll pick up the following (not all this week):
Entourage 3.2
Flintstones CC
Jericho 1
Jungle Book PE
Misery CE
Alex Mack 1
Shark 1 (possibly, as a blind buy)

And I was just thinking about how I haven't bought a lot of DVDs lately. :)

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I never go by the shipping and delivery estimates, pretty much every order I make ships and arrives before those dates and I always use free shipping. I don't mind waiting for my orders to arrive, as long as I get them.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I saw the Target edition of FF today and I can confirm that it's just the two disc version with a comic book.

EDIT: Anyone pick up Entourage: Season Three- Part Two with the bonus disc at Target? Was the package labeled or was the bonus disc just inside the package?

FranklinC

Stunt Coordinator
Universal Horror
Sarah Silverman Season 1
Jungle Book

All at BB. BTW, I wound up getting Jungle Book for only $9.99. I was trying to pre-pay $5.00 for Ratta...(whatever) and it wouldn't ring up, but it took the $5 reduction off Jungle Book anyway. The clerk, who I was kinda flirting with anyway, asked me if I just wanted the $9.99 price without buying the pre-pay. I said, um... yeah.

All that, plus I got a free miniature King Louie for my daughter!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Well, I'm already on record that that was going to be my strategy tonight. And, I had forgotten about the free plush!

But I am intrigued about the flirting with the clerk part. Hmmmmmmm. Sounds like it already paid off for Franklin! :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
You all know how much luck I have with getting Best Buy coupons...

Well, I was just checking my Reward Zone account before heading off to get my copy of The Jungle Book and found THIS COUPON good for 10% off all movies, music, etc. Good thru 10-13-2007.

:eek:

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H

I canceled a pre-order a couple months ago for the same reason, citing "Item would not arrive in time" (or something like that). Free Shipping orders since have been very timely - coincidence? Yeah, probably.

Anyway, thanks as always for the round-up!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I'm quoting Franklin again...not just because I really like the part about flirting with the clerk...but because the same thing happened to me (well, without the flirting part. Although we did have some very nice conversation! ;) )

Anyway...the slip to pre-order Ratatouille DID work to get the $5 off The Jungle Book...but never charged me the $5 pre-order fee towards Ratatouille...leaving me to purchase it wherever I want.

My clerk never realized any of it happened because she was busy with my RZ card, and my 10% coupon, too. I wouldn't have noticed either except I checked the receipt as I was walking out and couldn't find a "pre-order slip" to stick in a safe place in my wallet.

Must be one of those BB computer bugs. With our two experiences, I'd say it'd be worth a try for anyone whose interested.

BTW, the other "$5 off any Disney DVD if you pre-order" deal involves a pre-order for Pirates of the Caribbean 3. I think I'll do that one when Meet the Robinsons comes out! :emoji_thumbsup:

Patrick.C

Second Unit
I checked my receipt after reading this thread and I didn't get charged for the pre-order either. I hadn't noticed because I picked up a few other things at the same time. I wonder how much money BB lost before the problem was fixed (if it has been).

So now the question becomes, how will BB handle the situation when everyone shows up with their $5 preorders that sold for $0 and expect $5 off Ratatouille?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I found out the answer to my own question. The bonus disc on Entourage is shrinkwrapped on the back of the package and labeled with a sticker. The Target in my area seems to have an incredibly hard time getting things out on the shelf on time.

Arnie G

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arnie Douglas

I got it at that price too! They also had Species 2disc for $11.xx!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks