What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon

Weekly RoundUp 1-9-2018
WRU-Banner-2018a-1024x661.jpg

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…
The Features

full

– It – 2017

full

– Young Mr. Lincoln – 1939

full

– Marshall – 2017

full

– Intermezzo – 1939

full

– The Foreigner – 2017

full

– In the Garden of Allah – 1936

full

– November Criminals – 2017

Weekly RoundUp 1-9-2018

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hellloooooooooooooooo, RoundUppers!

This is the first WRU of 2018. Meaning its been 14 years that I've been putting these things together. Wanna see what came out on 1-4-2004? Look for the link in the RoundUp.

And we have also tweaked the banner picture at the top of the RoundUp.

So as we start Year 15...safe shopping everybody! :D

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Happy 15th Mike :popcorn::banana::dancing-banana-04:...
RIP Circuit City ... I almost never found advertised sale items (or one of the two items required for a discount was oos) in stock but I could take the circular across the street to Best Buy (or later ... Wal*Mart) for a price match ...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
RIP Circuit City ... I almost never found advertised sale items (or one of the two items required for a discount was oos) in stock but I could take the circular across the street to Best Buy (or later ... Wal*Mart) for a price match ...

One of the things that always makes me smile looking back to those early years is the warning (which was usually a weekly event on the big titles) to be careful that some titles had dual releases: OAR and MAR. But that's definitely one of those things I don't miss.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Happy anniversary, Mike.

Interesting looking at the replies in that thread. Lots of people who still post regularly, and lots of people who haven't been heard from in a long time.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Happy Anniversary, Mike!!! Thanks for all your hard work!

Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
One of the things that always makes me smile looking back to those early years is the warning (which was usually a weekly event on the big titles) to be careful that some titles had dual releases: OAR and MAR. But that's definitely one of those things I don't miss.
Even harder to explain the the customer dis-service person at Best Buy
CSR:"So why are you wanting to exchange this?"
Me: "It's not 'widescreen' ..."
CSR: "The box is the same size"
Me: "There's actually more of the original movie picture to see ... This box says 'widescreen' and this box says 'Fullscreen' ...see"
CSR: "Did you open it to see if it was the right size?"
Me: "If I had opened the package you wouldn't accept it for exchange... and NO I did not open it ... See the shrinkwrap and your pricetag is still there ..."
CSR: (to another CSR) "Look at this there are two different SKUs for the same movie. Can he exchange this one for the other? He didn't open it ..."
2nd CSR "Does he have a (BBY loyalty card)?" Looks up purchases ... "Go ahead and do it [under her breath] he spends enough here..."

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Happy Anniversary, Mike! Many thanks for all your tireless efforts!

Looking forward to watching Young Mr. Lincoln. I haven't seen it in a very long time.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Lots of people who still post regularly, and lots of people who haven't been heard from in a long time.

That's the other thing about whenever I look at those threads! I see so many names who used to be regular participants who haven't been heard from in a long time. It's sad. But, then, there are some who've been steadies the whole time! And THAT'S cool! :D

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Happy Anniversary, Mike, and thank you for all 15 years of work.

But nothing for me this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks