What's new

Weekly RoundUp 1-23-2007 (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
the jerk was relreased about a year ago new edition.
was it remastered for this new set or is it the same as the new special from last year.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Can't imagine they'd re-do The Jerk after such a short amount of time. After all, we just celebrated its 26th anniversary! ;)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It is definitely going to be interesting to hear people's stories about trying to get the Goodfella's SE for $7.50 at BB.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well...took a peek in this weekend's K-Mart flyer and found the following info:

Buy Saw III ($17.99?) and purchase BOTH Saw I and Saw II for just $2.99 apiece. Quantities limited. No rainchecks.

Also, K-Mart has an Invincible Iron Man iron-on logo with its copies of The invincible Iron Man ("Low Price" :angry: )

K-Mart also advertises "Low Price" on Saw III, Avatar, Iron Man, Doodlebops Superstars (whatever that is...) and The Guardian.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Thanks, Mike and Patrick. Although this week had more releases than the last few, still nothing for me. Next week, I think there are a couple I'll be picking up.

Doodlebops is a music group for kids that has a show on Disney. There are 4 or 5 of them, each of them are painted a different color (think different-colored members of Blue Man Group, with clothes and wigs). Can you tell I've been home for the weekend, spending time with my 4-year-old niece? :)

A quick check of Wikipedia shows they're actually a Candian group that started on CBC before coming stateside. I thought they were a Disney creation, but apparently they're just a Disney import.

Back to DVD bargain talk...

Jason L.

Second Unit

If someone could find out what these are on sale for I would appreciate it. The CC website is showing full retail prices - 50$ to 60$ each.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I've been going back and forth on the 2-Disc Brokeback Mountain. I'm still not sure, seeing as how money is really tight right now since I was %#*^ed over by some roommates last week. Possibly Iron Man, too...not sure, though.

Eric_R.

Stunt Coordinator

Yah I'm wondering the same thing. I'll probably buy the first season this week for $18 at Target and then go from there.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
It looks like the bonus disc features on Target's Saw 3 special edition are available elsewhere (sorta)...they are from the Blu-Ray edition of the film. Which, BTW, Target is selling for $29.99.

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry

I thought the same thing as I headed over to BB during lunch.

First thing I did was check the website before going, nothing amiss there. Once I got to the store, I picked up the actual flyer. While it shows the 2-disk version, right under the 7.50 tag it does state "Reg. price $9.99-$14.99 Each"; SE regular price is $19.99. I figured they had me, but I was going to try anyway.

Got to the register, sure enough Goodfella's SE rang up $9.99. I bluffed and told the cashier it should be $7.50. He said it was probably the regular version, so I showed him the picture (one inch away from the big yellow tag) and held my breath. He said, "that IS the special edition", and took the extra $2.49 off. :)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I have a BB gift certificate from my birthday, so I might see if BB is stocking the Rock Around the Clock/Don't Knock Rock DVD. Our local BB often doesn't stock the older movies that are issued to DVD. Has anyone seen this DVD at their local BB?

Jason L.

Second Unit

I went to CC and they had the box sets of 24 for $5 - $15 off the regular price. I wanted Season 2 and it was $49.99. Nice price...NOT

I'm giving a big FU to CC - don't waste my time with these "come into our store and see our sale prices". Just print the prices in the damn advertisement.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

So, Barry...if I understand your story correctly, the Goodfellas SE is marked $19.99 on the sticker price...but rang up as $9.99?

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry

Exactly Mike; no sale card in sight under the display, I guess you can count it as an unadvertised special? At that price I was going to pick it up anyway, I've been waiting a long time for this movie in SE form.

I've experienced the "unadvertised special" in quite a few movie purchases with Best Buy in the last six months.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That's very cool.

Especially since, in this particular instance, the "unadvertised sale" put the Goodfellas SE in the proper price range ($9.99-$14.99) for the $7.50 sale! :emoji_thumbsup:

If I get over to the part of town where my BB is this week, I'm definitely gonna try to get in on this!

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry

Didn't think about it that way; my wife was trying to make me feel guilty about taking advantage of the situation last night, now it all works out!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Now that's bad form on the part of your better half. ;)

I hate when these things turn into big ethical discussions...because everyone is coming from their own place. But, it is their ad. If they want to deny the deal by saying its a mis-print...that's cool. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't go in and try to take advantage of it.

And I don't use "take advantage of" in the negative sense in that last sentence. I'm just sayin' that the reason stores have sales is to bring customers into their stores. The stores want us to take advantage of their sales so that we'll buy other non-sale stuff there...or come back to their store the next time we want some product.

We wouldn't even be having this discussion except we know this Goodfellas thing is such a good deal...it just seems like they must not really mean it. But it's in their ad...and they still have the right to deny us..as they did to ScottR earlier in the week. Their risk in doing that, though is to potentially piss off a customer (even though they just made a mistake...and we ALL make mistakes from time to time). It's all good! :emoji_thumbsup:

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry

I agree whole-heartedly; the "unadvertised special" has happened too often for me not to think its simply a good marketing ploy to get me back in the store for repeat sales. Like the recent Borders coupon, give the people what they want, right? Works for me :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks