What's new

Weekly RoundUp 1-23-2007 (1 Viewer)

Greg Layton

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg Layton
I got my two-disc Goodfellas at Best Buy for $7.50, no questions asked.

One thing I didn't get at Best Buy, however, was Yojimbo & Sanjuro. After failing to locate them, I went up to an associate and asked if they had them in. After the typical "Well, did you look?" response, he looked in the computer and told me that they weren't coming out until February 13. :confused: I tried arguing with him, but to no avail.

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry

I did a "check availability" on stores in my area for Yojimbo & Sanjuro, none of the stores showed this in stock either. This is where Borders, Amazon or DDD come in for me, as I haven't had much luck with BB and "specialty" or non-mainstream items. Wonder where that date came from? :frowning:

GarySchrock

Second Unit
Did Fiddler on the Roof actually come out? The link at Amazon with the right cover says not available, and doesn't even work. Haven't made it into a store to look for it.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I saw it at--of all places--my local Wal-Mart last night. For some reason, the Brokeback Mountain CE was priced $16.xx while the Fiddler CE was $19.xx. :angry:

======================

Re the Yojimbo/Sanjuro @ BB issue: I can't tell you the number of times I have been in Best Buy looking for a title due out that day only to be told by a blue shirt that it won't be out until __________.

"Um, no...I'm pretty sure that today's the day."

"No. My computer says __________."

I've learned to just turn and walk away. There is absolutely nothing else to do in that situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks