What's new

Web Creation Software (1 Viewer)

Oren

Stunt Coordinator

(Note: your wife's site now pops up a dialog box asking for an iDisk login...)

On your wife's site, the major categories would be home, about, portfolio, contact. The minor categories would be identity, promotion, communication. You had to manually create the "button row" for the minor categories. It would be nice if iWeb managed that for you. You know how blog and podcast entries are indented items on the left side in iWeb? You should be able to do something like that on any page, and have iWeb handle the sub-menus (button bars).

The nesting would be more or less like that script demo (but along the top).

Sort of like the amazon rows. And the two rows at the top of schwab.com.

Oren

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I stumbled across Karelia Software's Sandvox. (www.karelia.com). It's basically iWeb Pro - except it just not as easy to use.

Drag a picture from the finder onto a page in iWeb, boom, there it is. Do the same in Sandvox, nothing happens.

Sandvox seems to support the nested menus I seek, but you have to build it right the first time. You can't easily move pages around to regroup them, because it is limited by type. (It seems like there are regular pages and container pages, and you can't convert between the two.)

Their pagelets (aka web widgets) are a lot more varied. It's a free download (demo). Check it out and let me know what you think.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks