Weather Channel mucked up?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeathStar1, Aug 6, 2002.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Just wondering if it's only my regional version that does this.

First, the little bar during the forecasts they have underneath the weatherpeople gets....blurred.. as it switches information, making it a bit tough to read.

Second, and most annoying during severe weather watches...local on the 8's is messed up. Instead of having local forcasts, with a close up radar of New Jersey(So we can actually see little details ilke Thunderstorms), they have a far away shot of the entire NorthEast, and they do a NATIONAL forcast instead. What use of this is to us?

Just wondering if this is happening to anyone else here as well....

2. Jason Wilcox

Jason Wilcox Supporting Actor

i've been getting phish's "you enjoy myself" playing during the local forecast.

3. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    It's a known Weather Channel fact that the local radar and severe weather alerts will be unavailable when there's severe weather in your area. Happens here all the time when we have thunderstorms in the area. Want to see where they are headed? Sorry, "radar temporarily unavailable."
    That, and every time you want to check the weather, that damn "Atmospheres" show is on. I HATE that! If I want that fluffy crap, I'll turn to the Travel Channel. [​IMG]