What's new

Waterworld Director's Cut? (1 Viewer)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
If the extended cut does come out, I'm hoping the theatrical will also be available via seamless branching.

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit
Paramount did it with the new Apocalypse Now set that came out last year. That's the last disc that I know of that used seamless branching, but there may have been others.

Waterworld's a fun movie and I'd love see the director's cut make it way to dvd, or HD-DVD.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
The greatest film... ever made... ...it may not be, but I had a good time with it.

I'd buy a special edition of Waterworld with or without the extended edition, but with would be better. ;)

Haden

Supporting Actor
I'm assuming that the bad history behind this film as well as the animosity between Reynolds and Costner is what has kept any kind of special edition/extended cut from being produced. It's a damn shame, because this film seems to have gained a cult following over the years and I always enjoy watching it when it's on cable... cult films always tend to be ones that have good repeat viewing value. I'd love to have the full uncensored extended cut on DVD just as I saw it on Encore several years ago.

Kevin Linke

Agent
Costner and Reynolds are now friends again. Reynolds was actually the guy who gave Costner the script for Mr. Brooks. So, maybe, that is a good thing that they reconciled.

crocky

Auditioning
Real Name
Sam
I just want people to know: there's an extended version available online made by a fan.

Do a web search for "Waterworld - The Ulysses Cut" if you want to find it.

enjoy ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks