What's new

Waterproof cameras (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Anybody know of any decent waterproof digital PnS cameras coming out soon?

I know of the Olympus xxxSW series, the inexpensive Pentax one, none by Canon or Nikon..

I think it would be nice to have a native one rather than relying on a waterproof case. I am a avid kayaker and so things being waterproof is nice and I have no intention of going below 33ft or scuba diving with it. My hesitation on the Olympus is the lack of a optical viewfinder, it's all through the LCD screen which can get washed out in heavy sunlight and it's gotten OK reviews as a camera....

Jay

Jason Goodmanson

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
I have used SeaLife's cameras for over five years now and have had really great luck with with them. They're very simple point and shoot, which is why I prefer them over the "better" more complicated digital cameras with expensive housings. SeaLife's cameras are built for scuba diving. I know that you said you never planned on diving with your camera, but for simple, I would recommend one of their cameras.

The old DC310 series had this "sport finder" that helped you aim in case you couldn't see the LCD screen in sunlight.

The only issue I have is that even their top of the line 6 megapixel feels out of date.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks