What's new

Warners please put "A Little Romance" in our lives! (1 Viewer)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I love to watch a good romantic story now & again. I've loved this little gem for many years. How about it WB, gives us romantics "A Little Romance"! :wink:
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Are we talking about the George Roy Hill film with Olivier?
If so, yeah I'd buy that too. :)

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
Thanks to the success of star Diane Lane in "Unfaithful", I've been informed that Warner are doing a Special Edition as we speak to be released in 2003!

These words were from Warner themselves, but remember things can change, but hopefully we'll see "A Little Romance" next year.

You find that when someone becomes a big star alot of their "untapped" catalog stuff starts to appear.

Trevor Bateman

Stunt Coordinator
YEAH. I NOTICED ALL THE DIANE LANE STUFF COMING OUT OR BEING CONSIDERED. 'A LITTLE ROMANCE', 'FABULOUS STAINS', 'STREETS OF FIRE', 'UNFAITHFUL', 'INDIAN SUMMER' AND ON DVDFILE.COM TODAY THEY SAY THAT A SPECIAL EDITION, LONGER CUT OF LANE'S COLLABORATION WITH FRANCIS FORD COPPOLA 'THE OUTSIDERS' IS COMING OUT.

Trevor Bateman

Stunt Coordinator
I would have said Katherine Hepburn IS a star, even if she isn't current. I would still call her a star.

Why? What is the connection with this "A Little Romance" thread?

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Trevor, I think the "joke" was that there are still a few Hepburn films conspicuously missing on DVD.

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
Here is what I'd love to see on the "A LITTLE ROMANCE" Special Edition DVD!

Anamorphic Enhanced Widescreen Video.
Remastered Dolby Digital Audio.
Remastered Dolby Digital 5.1 of the Oscar winning score.
Commentary with dir. George Roy Hill and star Diane Lane.
Retrospective Doc with Cast and Crew interviews/reflexions.
Original Promotional Featurettes.
Theatrical Trailers.
TV and Radio Spots.
The famous "Hollywood Whiz Kids" TIME Magazine cover/story.
Up-to-date Cast and Crew Biographies and Filmographies.
Production Notes.
Nice new cover artwork.

Scott Shanks

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Shanks
My wife and I just watched part of our old VHS tonight. Absolutely can't wait to see it in WIDESCREEN! Awesome news. Strange that the popularity of Diane Lane is getting this released on DVD instead of Sir Larry.

Strange that the popularity of Diane Lane is what got the DVD released instead of Sir Larry
I think it is AS WELL as the popularity of Sir Larry. Sir Larry has always been a "name", but with Diane Lane's recent media and critical attention it makes sense for Warner to release it with the TWO big names. The timing is right.

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
A George Roy Hill and Diane Lane commentary would be great. It would be interesting to hear what Diane Lane felt like working on her debut film with Hill and Sir Olivier. It would be quite a "unique" commentary I think. Warner, please make it so.

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
Warner Bros are releasing "A LITTLE ROMANCE" starring Diane Lane (Unfaithful,
Perfect Storm) and Sir Laurance Olivier (Sleuth, Marathon Man) on DVD.
It's coming on January 7th, 2003!!!!!!

This award winning 1979 film has appeared on many peoples top romantic movies of all time. It was a big boxoffice hit in 1979 and won several awards including some Academy Awards. The film is also notable as the big screen debut of 12 year-old Diane Lane recently seen in "Unfaithful", "Hardball" and "The Perfect Storm".

According to Warner they were hopeful of getting Ms Lane and director George Roy Hill (The Sting, Butch Cassidy...) involved in the DVD, but both were busy filming and declined.

The DVD will be anamorphic widescreen, Dolby Digtal 2.0 stereo, with trailers and maybe filmographies for the director and stars.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
:) I'm glad to see it so soon! At least WB didn't announce that there would be commentaries only to recant later. It would have been nice to have had them, but getting the movie in WS is more important.

Trevor Bateman

Stunt Coordinator
Warner have confirmed that the DVD will feature some trailers, an all new featurette on the film and interviews with DIANE LANE recalling her experiences of working on her debut movie!!

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
Here's the Warner Press Release:

A LITTLE ROMANCE – Diane Lane (Unfaithful, A Walk on the Moon, The Cotton Club, The Perfect Storm) makes her
movie debut as a lonely, gifted teen on a whirlwind romantic adventure set in Europe. Also starring Sir Laurence Olivier
(Hamlet, Wuthering Heights, Clash of the Titans, The Marathon Man), A LITTLE ROMANCE explores the innocent joy in
finding a soul mate and the excitement created by forbidden love. Directed by George Roy Hill (The Sting, Butch Cassidy
and the Sundance Kid), the film received an Academy Award® for Best Original Score for George Delerue’s enchanting
music.

CAST:
Diane Lane, Laurence Olivier, Arthur Hill, Thelonious Bernard, Sally Kellerman

DIRECTOR:
George Roy Hill

DVD special features include:

A Conversation with Diane Lane documentary
Retro artwork gallery featuring stills of release posters
Production notes
Theatrical trailer
Cast and crew
and more...

In addition, the DVD will be offered for the first-time in a fully remastered widescreen format [16x9 2.35:1]. It will also include English and French (dubbed in Quebec) languages and subtitles in English, French and Spanish.

Release date: January 7th, 2003.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Three weeks until "Romance" arrives! I can't wait to float under the Bridge of Sighs.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
very odd, but less than 3 weeks away and neither Amazon, nor DDD has a listing for this.

i hope this doesn't mean what i think it means...

definitely one of the 5 titles i'm looking most forward to in '03

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I finally received my copy of "A Little Romance" today from DVD Empire. I watched it and was pleased with the production values of the DVD. The film is still everything I remembered it to be. I thoroughly enjoyed watching it again, especially in WS!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks