What's new

Warner: Thanks for DOCTOR ZHIVAGO (1 Viewer)

Bill Huelbig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Huelbig
If any of you Warner Home Video people are around, I'd like to thank you for the beautiful DVD of DOCTOR ZHIVAGO. I've watched it 4 times already, and that's a lot of hours. Now please bring on RYAN'S DAUGHTER and my collection of David Lean epics on DVD will be complete.

--Bill

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Yes, this DVD is excellent work. Most everything I've seen from Warner lately has been uniformly great. I have flamed this studio big time for two years for witholding catalog titles, but it seems the tides are turning and credit should be given when due. Keep 'em coming!

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
jI came to this section of the forum for the specific purpose of posting a Thank You to Warner for this BEAUTIFUL transfer of Dr. Zhivago!
This is one of the best transfers of a movie of this age that I have EVER seen! TOP NOTCH! :emoji_thumbsup:

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
Yes. The transfer of Zhivago is nothing short of superb....and the package has TEN times the class of that Snapper-thingy that hopefully will go the way of the Laserdisc...

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
This title is in my "Elite" rack of DVD's (Actually, just the AFI 100 films I own...)

The video is excellent, the audio is excellent (despite older recording technology problems), the extras are plentiful (I like having original material instead of too much "fluff.")

The only problem I have is that the 2nd side of the DVD-14 wasn't put on the 2nd disc. The extras disc is a DVD-5, so I would have liked seeing a 2-disc edition with no double-sided disc like Lawrence of Arabia.

Lowry Digital Images and WB really did a great job on this one!

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I was going to start a thread just like this. Being one of my favorite movies, I am so pleased that the DVD for DOCTOR ZHIVAGO turned out so well after such a long wait.

A big thanks to Warner on this package. Please keep this same high standard for future classic film releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks