What's new

Warner stinks on televideo! (1 Viewer)

Bill A

Grip
I have two related complaints about Warner DVD. The first is that they foisted the dimensions of the DVD cases on us. They made it needlessly large, and now my movie collection takes up twice the space it should. If that wasn't bad enough, Warner takes up more of my shelf space by releasing televideo in the most inefficient way.
My new complaint concerns the Powerpuff Girls DVDs. The first two DVDs had ten episodes, now they're down to seven episodes. Each episode is 8-12 minutes long, GIVE US A BREAK! It's like 74 minutes of content.
Stop with the bull and put more episodes on every disc. Jam the disc with 12 freaking episodes, and cut out all the Cartoon Network advertisements. Look at MGM and the "Stargate SG-1" DVDs. 5 (ONE HOUR LONG) episodes on one disc. That's a lot of bang for your buck
Take a hint from Fox and Paramount and give us REAL box sets. I know that Warner says that certain "rights conflicts" forces them to release episodes out of sequence, but they can do better. How about releasing the shows in packs like "X-Files" or "The Simpsons"? The "Friends" DVDs are a perfect example. You claim that you can't release them by season in the US. Then the next best thing to do is release the episodes in bulk. Put a box set out, instead of dribbling the episodes out over a 49 year period. I
Have a timeline. Does any fan of "South Park" like how the DVDs are being released? You never know if another will come out. Paramount get this right with "Star Trek." Every Trek fan KNOWS that every episode will be out; when they buy Discs #10 & 11 they know that in a few months Discs # 12 &13 will be out. What collector wants to start something that they won't be able to finish?

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
I'm moving this to the Studio Feedback section.
------------------
--Jay
"No one can hear when you're screaming in digital."
My Home Theatre Pictures...
"You're no messiah. You're, you're a movie of the week. You're a ... t-shirt, at best."

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Trust me, 5 45 min (hour w/o commercials) look horrible. You want 4 hour eps/disc or less
Jeff Kleist

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Take another hint from Stargate SG-1. Make box sets like that.
------------------
smiley_spidey.gif
Frank
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Nightdog&acceptadult=true
usa_small.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks