What's new

WARNER-DTS-TRUE ROMANCE... what brought this about? (1 Viewer)

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
When i saw the announcement that it will include a DTS soundtrack i was wondering what made Warner chose this route? Is this a precursor of things to come???

David

Johnny wilson

Stunt Coordinator
I just can't figure out why Tarantino did a commentary for this but not any of his films. I know he likes to say he's seen his films many times but I'm sure he seen True Romance many times also. He doesn't like to watch his movies again... shit man just close your eyes and talk. We all know he can talk, right?!

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I just can't figure out why Tarantino did a commentary for this but not any of his films.
Could it be because QT didn't direct this one (QT wrote it, but Tony Scott directed)? Maybe he just doesn't want to comment on films he directs (for whatever reason).

I'm not saying this makes sense, but it's a possible explanation.

MichaelAW

Second Unit
What I want to know is why this release from WB got DTS, but Amadeus Director's Cut did not. :frowning:

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
When i saw the announcement that it will include a DTS soundtrack i was wondering what made Warner chose this route? Is this a precursor of things to come???
It indicates nothing about Warner. The True Romance DVD is being produced by Morgan Creek, and the DTS choice is theirs.
DJ

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
Morgan Creek Productions now does DVD production in-house with Warner Home Video handling distribution only.

Morgan Creek decides when to include the dts & Dolby Surround options along with the Dolby Digital soundtrack.

The first disc produced in-house by Morgan Creek was American Outlaws.

YANG

Screenwriter
I thought that the DTS inclusion is due to the SCOTT BROTHERS factor...

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
Does Morgan Creek get to say what type of case to use or is that still Warner?

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Yeah Robin Hood SE should be another in house Creek job. Hey where is that release anyhow?

Dan

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
I thought that the DTS inclusion is due to the SCOTT BROTHERS factor...
No, this was definitely a Morgan Creek decision. This is also the same reason why we are getting the Unrated cut of True Romance, even though Warner has a strict no Unrated movies on home video policy. I would have loved to see Amadeus in DTS, but it looks like it wont be...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks