What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Press Release Warner Archive Press Release: Thundarr the Barbarian (Complete Series) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
1612206284270.png

NEW 2021 1080p HD Masters!

THUNDARR THE BARBARIAN: THE COMPLETE SERIES
Run Time 462:00
Subtitles English SDH
Sound Quality MONO - English, DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English
Aspect Ratio 1.33:1, 4 X 3
Product Color COLOR
Disc Configuration BD 50, BD 25
Special Feature: "Lords of Light: The Story of Thundarr the Barbarian" featurette.

Civilization is cast into ruin when a runaway planet speeds between the Earth and the Moon, unleashing cosmic destruction. Two thousand years later, Earth is reborn from the ashes with a savage landscape, strange creatures and a primitive sense of justice. But, one man fights to spread peace throughout the land: He is Thundarr the Barbarian, and you can own all 21 exciting adventures starring Thundarr and his companions Ookla the Mok and sorceress Princess Ariel. Using their strength, courage and wits, plus Thundarr’s magical Sunsword, they journey from village to village, liberating slaves and battling all kinds of beasts, mutants, wizards, thieves and robots. The future of Earth may be shrouded in darkness, but Thundarr the Barbarian bursts into action as a shining symbol of hope for humanity.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited by a moderator:

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
Interesting news. Huge fan of this imaginative post-apocalyptic cartoon series; I remember seeing it as a kid back in the day. IMHO it was one of the few '80's cartoons that still holds up when re-watching it as an adult.

I have the TTB DVD-R set & am satisfied with the PQ here, but do completely realize it could be much better.

So, I may double-dip for this Blu set - as long as the PQ is proven to be superior to that of the DVD-R. Since this is an early '80's cartoon, I'm not sure how much room there is for improvement - and I'll have to see how the remastering looks before I invest in this set.

Last edited:

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Interesting news. Huge fan of this imaginative post-apocalyptic cartoon series; I remember seeing it as a kid back in the day. IMHO it was one of the few '80's cartoons that still holds up when re-watching it as an adult.

I have the TTB DVD-R set & am satisfied with the PQ here, but do completely realize it could be much better.

So, I may double-dip for this Blu set - as long as the PQ is proven to be superior to that of the DVD-R. Since this is an early '80's cartoon, I'm not sure how much room there is for improvement - and I'll have to see how the remastering looks before I invest in this set.
It should look a lot better. The Flintstones, Space Ghost and Josie and the Pussycats were all huge improvements or the DVD's. The depth of color improvement is very noticeable on all of them and I suspect it will be here as well.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
To add to my last post about TTB:

Thundarr was obviously "inspired" to a great extent by Star Wars, Conan the Barbarian, Dungeons & Dragons, the '70's DC comic Kamandi, the Last Boy On Earth, the first two Planet of the Apes films, etc.

It's also worth noting that Thundarr was one of the first sci-fi apocalyptic (PA) TV shows out there, and one of the only cartoons. Though since then we've seen a lot of Post Apocalyptic (PA) TV shows/movies since that time, Thundarr was definitely a fore-runner.

One of the most interesting aspects of the show was seeing Thundarr & his group (Ookla the Mok, Princess Ariel) go to a ruined U.S. city and being able to recognize which one it was; i.e., in one of the first episodes they went to "Manhat", which was obviously Manhattan (with the statue of liberty in the background, the subways, etc.). IIRC, in another episode they went to the ruins of Las Vegas, etc.

The fantasy & sci-fi elements were strong as well. It was interesting to see all of the aliens/mutants & both advanced/primitive tech.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks