What's new

Warner Archive Press Release: Selena (1997) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 4.01.14 PM.png

SELENA (1997)
Viewable as either Original Theatrical Version or Extended Cut
Run Time 128:00
Subtitles English SDH
Audio Specs DTS HD-Master Audio 5.1 - English
ORIGINAL ASPECT RATIO - 2.40:1, 16 X 9 LETTERBOX
Product Color COLOR
Disc Configuration BD 50
Special Features: Documentary "Selena, Queen of Tejano"; Making of Selena: 10 Years Later; Outtakes; Theatrical Trailer (HD)

The nuts and bolts of the irresistibly danceable music called Tejano are pop, rock, polka, R&B and Latin influences. To millions of fans, there’s another vital ingredient: the dynamic singer Selena. Selena is the vibrant story of the Grammy®-winning singer whose life ended at its creative peak. Pulsating with Selena’s voice on the soundtrack, the film is bracingly authentic. In the title role, Jennifer Lopez powerfully captures the warmth and electricity of a beloved entertainer. Edward James Olmos, Jon Seda and others also shine in “a poignant, heartwarming movie that deserves a standing ovation” (Jules Peimer, WKDM-RADIO/NEW YORK).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited by a moderator:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Ok, finally one release I want buy.

If that's "want to" buy it -- I agree with you

If that's "Won't Buy it" and you've never seen it I'm going to give it a recommendation to search out. Olmos and Jennifer Lopez give great performances in the movie. It may be not quite be La Bamba or Buddy Holly, but several parts of this movie are just electric. If you;ve seen it and just not your cup of tea then not much to say.

I will agree it's less biography and more biopic like most of these films, but I love these type movies from Glenn Miller to Walk the Line to Rocketman.

Last edited:

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
If that's "want to" buy it -- I agree with you

If that's "Won't Buy it" and you've never seen it I'm going to give it a recommendation to search out. Olmos and Jennifer Lopez give great performances in the movie. It may be not quite be La Bamba or Buddy Holly, but several parts of this movie are just electric. If you;ve seen it and just not your cup of tea then not much to say.

I will agree it's less biography and more biopic like most of these films, but I love these type movies from Glenn Miller to Walk the Line to Rocketman.

it won’t buy. I have seen the movie a couple of times when it was released as I was a film buyer for a theatre circuit, it has nothing to do with the great acting. I am not a Selena fan.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
it won’t buy. I have seen the movie a couple of times when it was released as I was a film buyer for a theatre circuit, it has nothing to do with the great acting. I am not a Selena fan.

Fair enough.

I have known a few folks who weren't Selena or Tejano Music fans who rejected watching the movie initially, but afterwards still ending up loving the Movie.
I knew nothing of either beforehand, but enjoyed it thoroughly

The movie does have a rather enthusiastic following so hopefully it will sell well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks