What's new

Warner Archive Press Release: Pride and Prejudice (1940) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
This looks stunning on HBO Max and I can't wait for the blu-ray. It really IS a most charming, lovely movie made at a time when it felt like MGM had nothing but money to create these incredibly believable worlds out of wood, nails and the blacklot.

But my wife seems to find anything with GG in it totally tiresome. Strange, aren't they, our partners. ....

To paraphrase Merle Oberon in THE DIVORCE OF LADY X, "Break with her, she CANNOT be a good woman!" :lol:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This looks stunning on HBO Max and I can't wait for the blu-ray. It really IS a most charming, lovely movie made at a time when it felt like MGM had nothing but money to create these incredibly believable worlds out of wood, nails and the blacklot.

To paraphrase Merle Oberon in THE DIVORCE OF LADY X, "Break with her, she CANNOT be a good woman!" :lol:
Agreed about how it looks on HBO Max.

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
Ann Rutherford talked about the props and furnishing being often very valuable antiques. She remembered a beautiful figurine being knocked over and broken and about to be thrown out. She took it for herself to mend. I believe it was on this film.
And Marsha Hunt is still alive. 103.

Last edited:

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
I will chain her to her seat and force her to watch the whole darn thing.....
Anthony, don't toss curses at me from the other side of the world, but I wasn't all that keen on Greer Garson either, until I saw "Blossoms in the Dust." It's difficult not to love her there, and because of that, I manage to put up with her in other films that I previously had trouble with. Also, since "Pride and Prejudice" is chock full of wonderful character actors, why not just suggest she ignore Ms. Garson altogether?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks