What's new

Warner Archive Press Release: Pride and Prejudice (1940) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 11.03.12 AM.png

NEW 2020 1080p master from 4K scan from best surviving preservation elements!
PRIDE AND PREJUDICE (1940)
Run Time 118:00
Subtitles English SDH
Audio Specs MONO - English, DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English
Aspect Ratio 1.37:1, 4 X 3 FULL FRAME
Product Color BLACK & WHITE
Disc Configuration BD 50

Like the arrows she launches at an archery target during an elegant lawn party, Elizabeth Bennet’s wit is pointed and unerring. “If you want to be really refined, you have to be dead,” she says, skewering the imperious airs of her hosts. Jane Austen’s timeless 1813 novel of unlikely romance is richly adapted in this lavish Academy Award® winner.* Greer Garson portrays spirited Elizabeth, one of five Bennet sisters hoping for matrimony. Laurence Olivier plays Darcy, whose arrival at a nearby estate sets maiden hearts aflutter. But first impressions can mean so very much. Elizabeth and Darcy find reasons to view each other with disdain, setting in motion a velvet struggle of Pride and Prejudice, perception and reality, forgiveness and love. You’ll be irresistibly caught up in it.
Special Features: Oscar-Nominated Crime Does Not Pay short "Eyes of the Navy"; Vintage Cartoon "The Fishing Bear" ;Theatrical Trailer (HD)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
NEW 2020 1080p master from 4K scan from best surviving preservation elements!

Apparently the original negative does not survive. Will be waiting for Mr. Harris's few words about this favorite film. Counting on the archive to work miracles .

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
So thrilled about this one! While the 1995 BBC adaptation is my probably my favourite and certainly more faithful to Austen's book, this 1940 MGM confection is so charming. I was hoping an announcement wouldn't be long in coming after reading reports of a sparkling new master on HBOMax!

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Glad to hear from another Random Harvest lover. I love it; my wife can't stand it! It's another movie I can only view if she's out ... along with Carousel and South Pacific.
Random Harvest is one of my wife's favorites. She'll watch it anytime, any day given the chance. It might be LeRoy's best film after I'm a Fugitive from a Chain Gang.
Pride and Prejudice is one her favorites as well. Bringing it back on topic.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Nicely brought back. Yes, I'll be after Pride and Prejudice as well. But my wife seems to find anything with GG in it totally tiresome. Strange, aren't they, our partners. ....

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
It was like that from the day I added the preorder. I figured Amazon would eventually catch on and fix it

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
Random Harvest was such a huge hit at Radio City when it opened as the Christmas show in '42 it played until March of '43. LeRoy in his autobio said the Music Hall's manager told him it could have continued to play for months if MGM hadn't wanted to get it into wider distribution. Well it would have been interesting if it had played as the Easter show as well.
Holden Caulfield tells about going to see it there in Catcher in the Rye. Suffice it to say he found it pretty silly stuff. He also didn't like the stage show or audience.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks