What's new

Press Release Warner Archive Press Release: Guns for San Sebastian (1968) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
51-lQFB0ZLS.jpg

press release to be posted later this morning

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I'm not bothered about this western. The one interesting thing about it is that it does have a fantastic music score by Ennio Morricone, featuring the amazing voice of Edda Dell'Orso (I have the CD soundtrack).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm not bothered about this western. The one interesting thing about it is that it does have a fantastic music score by Ennio Morricone, featuring the amazing voice of Edda Dell'Orso (I have the CD soundtrack).
I am as there are better Warner westerns still absent on Blu-ray.

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marcel
That title was announced as being in the works in one of their podcasts last year. Nice to see it appear.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Not a great western but a good one. Morricone,Bronson,Quinn .I'm in. Plus i don't think it's ever had a proper release.At least not in US.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I am as there are better Warner westerns still absent on Blu-ray.
And there are better Warner musicals than Athena still absent on blu ray, better Warner comedies than Bachelor In Paradise still absent on blu ray, better Warner horror movies than Doctor X still absent on blu ray, etc. etc. etc. There's always something "better" out there.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
And there are better Warner musicals than Athena still absent on blu ray, better Warner comedies than Bachelor In Paradise still absent on blu ray, better Warner horror movies than Doctor X still absent on blu ray, etc. etc. etc. There's always something "better" out there.
Long overdue. I'm in!
To each his own as film appreciation is subjective and can vary among us. :D

Last edited:

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Other than the Morricone score, I also found it underwhelming. In fact, considering it was directed by Henri Verneuil, whose comic gangster-adventure films, such as "Any Number Can Win" & "Greed in the Sun" I love, I found it downright disappointing. Still, M. Verneuil said it was his top-grossing US film, and he purposefully omitted the sophistication and visual elan found in his French films. I had no problem with that, but M. Verneuil also seemed to have taken out interesting characters and plot, as well as action scenes that were well done and involving. I thought the film was noisy and flat. For this viewer, it was meaningless, especially compared to "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly" which it was clearly imitating. But obviously someone liked it. And because it made so much money in the US, the major studios co-financed "The Sicilian Clan" & "The Burglars", so they look great and have lots of expansive action scenes. I'm happy that fans are able to buy it in the best possible condition. The print I saw looked terrible, one of those grainy, yellow-tinged, fuzzy 4th generation metro color jobs, which didn't help.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I have no recall of seeing this but it is a western and Warner Archive title so, I'm in. I hope they are working on Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid, I mean it's Peckinpah.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks