What's new

Warcraft 3 has gone gold! (1 Viewer)

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
Just a heads up for my Canadian friends. Future shop is giving away a free sidewinder strategic commander with the purchase of WCIII. Sweet controller for a sweet deal, get em before there gone...eh :)
Dean

Kami

Screenwriter
Well I decided to go and splurge on the collector's edition. I got the game about 3 weeks ago (yes, illegally) but I had always planned to buy it...but i was torn between the regular version and the collector's
For anyone in the same dilemma, let me tell you the collector's edition is outstanding :) The box first of all, is very sturdy and high quality. the inside is felt-lined.
You get:
Warcraft 3 CD - duh
Warcraft 3 Soundtrack - haven't sampled it yet
Cinematics DVD - this thing is really cool. It has all the in-game cinematics in 16x9 widescreen with Dolby 5.1 sound. Also included are the 3 War3 trailers, as well as a trailer for Worlds of Warcraft and some gameplay footage of Worlds of Warcraft (looks VERY promising), and about a half-dozen trailers for other blizzard games. There is also audio commentary by the cinematic people, and some other extra features like a trivia game and some background on warcraft in general. Very cool DVD.
Four 8x10 lithographs - basically the same from the different covers of the boxes (face shot of the different races - pretty high quality and suitable for framing
The Art of Warcraft - this is IMO one of the most valuable additions. The book is 11x14 inches or so and about 160 pages(!). it's filled with concept art, 3d renderings, and other images from Warcraft 2, Warcraft 3, and Worlds of Warcraft. It's one of those books that you will keep on your coffee table and flip through every once in a while.
Collector's edition manual - Nothing special about this really...just a manual "signed by the blizzard team (printed signatures of course! hehe)
Well there's my little mini-review. :)
Oh and I got mine at Future Shop too and got that free Microsoft Sidewinder Strategic Commander. It is worth $50!! I haven't opened it yet...is it really that useful over a mouse? :confused: I think I may end up just selling it.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
ebay the sidewinder thing and say you got it with a Warcraft 3 collectors box. Maybe people will bid higher.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Well, if you want that WarCraft 3 boxset... best get it now. Best Buy and Circuit City in my area are sold out and I picked up the last set at Target (employee discount ;) ). This set was well worth the $14 extra over the regular version and the extras kick ass! :)

Kami

Screenwriter
Wow how much did you pay for it? There's one on ebay going for $27 right now!!! Ridiculous..i can't believe someone would pay that much when you can get all the stuff in the box set less than 3 times that price. This is the best game-package I have ever bought, nothing even comes close.

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Get this!
I found an auction for a sealed copy about 3 days ago that had a BUT IT NOW for $14.99! Nobody had bid on it yet so I took the opportunity! :D

Kami

Screenwriter
That's not too bad, but why didn't you just go for the whole thing? Just curious about why you are interested in a game's cinematics but not the game itself, that's all :)
BTW, it's not "sealed"...there's no shrinkwrap on it when you open up the box.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Ok, after playing it for awhile at a friends house I'm not impressed. Its just Warcraft. Been there, done that. I don't know, maybe I've just grown beyond these types of games, but I felt nothing different between this and Warcraft 2. Basically its the same game. Same strategies, same units. It look prettier and the heroes are ok, but that is not nearly enough. It did not grab me like a good game should. The way I know a game is good is that I don't want to stop playing. Initially it was cool, but it very very quickly wore off.

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
You know...I loved Warcraft 2 - played it to death. I'm just not into PC gaming that much anymore. A friend of mine had purchased the Diablo 2 Collector's Edition and I thought Blizzard did a fantastic job with that DVD.
The 2001 E3 trailer for Warcraft 3 was also excellent I thought. I'll probably buy the game in 6 months or a year.
BTW, it's not "sealed"...there's no shrinkwrap on it when you open up the box.
Oh, well, I'd just be ripping it off right away anyway. :) I'm sure it's fine, the person seems like a reputable seller.
Interesting, there aren't too many people from my neck of the woods on the HTF. I lived in Kitchener for three years ('95 - '98) while I attended school at Conestoga College, then I moved back home.
Later!

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Interesting, there aren't too many people from my neck of the woods on the HTF. I lived in Kitchener for three years ('95 - '98) while I attended school at Conestoga College, then I moved back home
I made frequent trips from Tennessee to Kitchner quite a few years ago for a Drum Corps I was in (Dutch Boy) there. I haven't heard a reference to that city/town since then.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks