What's new

WANTED: Double alpha box art for TPM, anyone working on it? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Ashforth

Stunt Coordinator
I personally dislike the double amaray cases like the ones for Gladiator, Cast Away, and now TPM. Is anyone working on box art that has a thicker spine section so as to fit in a double alpha case?? Something with the original poster art maybe (hint,hint). Please help.
------------------
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~drashforth/_uimages/flaggif
"Historians of science have long said: A body of knowledge that does not fit in with prevailing ideas, will be ignored as if it does not exist, no matter how scientifically valid it is."
My Spare time larcenists
The worst HT in America.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
This would be great. Count me in as well no matter what it costs. I love the movie and the dvd but really hate the case. I love the thicker double alpha case!
------------------

JerryW

Supporting Actor
Damn, I guess I'm the only one that prefers the double amaray... mostly it's because my DVD storage space is always shrinking at an alarming rate. But aside from that, I still like smaller cases (as long as they aren't snappers).
------------------
September 11, 2001
"Those who died will always be remembered.
Those who killed will never be forgotten.
We who remain will not let it happen again."

William Ward

Supporting Actor
If you take all the double alphas that one owns and convert it to amaray, how much space(in DVDs) are you saving???
A Double Alpha is 1.5 times as big as a Double Amaray. if you have 10 double alphas and converted to 10 double amarays, you save space for 5 dvds. If the space got so constrained that with 5 "less" dvds you can fit them on the shelf, looks like you'll be needing a new shelf. Now, are you going to stop buying dvds when the shelf space runs out??? Nope, you're going to go to another shelf or get another rack. So again, the space issue is almost moot. 5 DVDs is what, a month's worth(not counting October
wink.gif
)??
So you buy or move to a new shelf a month earlier. at least with double alphas you don't have to worry about getting a faulty movie disc because it slipped out of the center hub. I'm trying to find a new Mask of Zorro SE because of this.
------------------
William
Go Bucs!!
MyDVDs
[Edited last by William Ward on October 16, 2001 at 06:27 PM]

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Hey Matt,
Are you doing anything for Sopranos season one and season two when it comes out?
smiley_spidey.gif
Frank
------------------
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Nightdog&acceptadult=true
usa_small.gif

Jeff Ashforth

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Matt!! I knew I could count on you.
biggrin.gif

One question, it appears as if the custom cover that you did (Which I love) is only sized for double amaray. Is this correct? If not, how do I access the double alpha version?
BTW, I hope the remote is serving you well.
Cheers.
Jeff.
------------------
"Historians of science have long said: A body of knowledge that does not fit in with prevailing ideas, will be ignored as if it does not exist, no matter how scientifically valid it is."
My Spare time larcenists
The worst HT in America.
[Edited last by Jeff Ashforth on October 17, 2001 at 02:43 PM]

MarkBurton

Second Unit
I have to admit that I am one who prefers the thinner double amaray boxes rather than than the wider double alpha. It's true that if you have 10 double alpha DVDs and convert them to thin double amarays, then you have room for 5 more DVDs on a shelf. But what if you have 50 double alphas or even 100? Not that I have this many, but still the same, I do think room for 25 or 50 more DVDs on a shelf is a considerable savings.
Personally, if it were up to me, I would have disks one and three of the Brazil Criterion collection as a double sided DVD-18 and have disk two as a second supplimental DVD and put the two disks in one thin double amaray.
Likewise, I would take (for example) Lethal Weapon 1 & 2 and make it a double sided disk and then do the same with 3 & 4. Then, I would put these two disks in a double amaray and have the entire series in one thin case.
[Edited last by MarkBurton on October 17, 2001 at 03:16 PM]

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Not exactly related but, I mentioned this in another post.
The Final Fantasy box is a dual DVD slimcase with a twist. When you open it, the first disk ends up on the left side and the second disk ends up on the right side. The regular cases has the first disk ending up on top of the second disk so when you release the first disk, it also release the second disk in behind it.
------------------
Link Removed
15354t.jpg

------------------
My Favourite Movie

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor
One question, it appears as if the custom cover that you did (Which I love) is only sized for double amaray. Is this correct? If not, how do I access the double alpha version?
Jeff,
oops, forgot to upload the updated page to the server
blush.gif
The double alpha version of my custom cover is on the same page as the double amaray version. There is no preview image, just a link at the bottom of the page to the hi-res version.
and the remote is working just fine, thanks again
-Matt
------------------
My DVD collection
DVD Cover Art

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
I don't like the case for TPM, Cast Away, etc due to the hub that holds the feature in place. It is too tight and (I was told this by somebody at Universal) that just having the disc in there can cause the disc to crack because the hub is putting too much pressue on the disc.

Jeff Ashforth

Stunt Coordinator
Matt,
Woops, I downloaded the wrong one, My connection is slow so I'll try again tomorrow and then I'll get my butt over to Kinko's and get it printed.
biggrin.gif

------------------
My Spare time larcenists
The worst HT in America.
[Edited last by Jeff Ashforth on October 17, 2001 at 06:09 PM]

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
I love the cover art Matt. I guess I am an idiot on these things so what do I need to do to get these? I think I succesfully downloaded the image to my hardrive. Do I then burn to a cd and take it somewhere to get printed?
After the laughter, I would really appreciate someone spelling out the steps for me. Thanks very much in advance as I have to get this great dvd in the thicker double alpha case.
Again, thanks.
------------------

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor
I love the cover art Matt. I guess I am an idiot on these things so what do I need to do to get these? I think I succesfully downloaded the image to my hardrive. Do I then burn to a cd and take it somewhere to get printed?
Tim,
if you have an inkjet printer capable of printing at 600dpi or better, you can print it out yourself, or you can burn it to cd and take it to kinkos and print it there. I just got a nice new HP Deskjet 940 (1200x2400 dpi, $100 after rebate) which does a fabulous job.
-Matt
------------------
My DVD collection
DVD Cover Art

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks