What's new

Wanted: Dead or Alive season sets for $12.95 (1 Viewer)

docdoowop

Second Unit
Real Name
Curt
Picked 'em up last week...although S2 was $9.95 at the time. Total: $39.80 shipped.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
All three seasons are among Oldies.com's top selling DVDs as of this writing; season 2 is the number 1 seller right now, followed by season 3 in the number 2 slot and season 1 is ranked number 5. There are some other good deals on BCI Eclipse sets like "Ultraman," "Secrets of Isis," "Space Academy," and "Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom." Looks like this is the first wave of closeouts resulting from the collapse of BCI Eclipse. I expect that we might see similar pricing on some of BCI's game show sets in the not too distant future as remaining inventory is sold off.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Mike,

You can't miss with those Oldies.com prices for this show. I bought all 3 seasons shortly after their releases for....more $'s :laugh: but no regrets. You know how it goes...we can't wait for everything to price-drop through the basement. I've found that this show really stood the test of time for me. I hadn't seen any of these since their original airings before the DVD's.

The opening for this show is a real classic....Steve McQueen ripping that "Wanted" poster off the sherrif's bulletin Bd.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Jeff, if you like WANTED and THE RIFLEMAN, I know you will like TATE. There were only thirteen episodes made, so the DVD collection is the complete series. It's a good, solid, gritty, adult western with excellent writing, directing and casting. And the transfers on the Timeless Media set are excellent, not like some of their other releases. I give it my highest recommendation for not only great western television, but just great television period. I was sorry after I finished watching the last episode. Chalk it up to another one of those "Brilliant But Canceled" series.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I can't wait for some season releases or complete series for the Rifleman.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Thank you Eric for starting this thread!
I never seem to learn that when I start collecting a series I need to follow through with timely purchases, in case the set issues go out of print...and affordable availability...as will happen in the near future with WANTED...
I've had the first season for a good 3 years and became aware of BCI's resumption of the series after New Line gave it up...yet I kept buying and starting other series collections for the last few years...I still need a couple of COMBAT! sets too to complete that series...my bad, as it might disqualify to some extent my complaints and anxiety when studios discontinue season releases in other series...it is after all, greatly due to poor sales, on a perhaps too early review of those sales..and bad marketing, I might add.
The biggest mistake made being my slow buying of the IMAGE NAKED CITY releases...I only have box set 1 and 3 of the single disc issues...I now consider buying them on AMAZON third parties for about 3X their original msrp!
So, thanks to Eric I've got the rest of this great western action series on order for a steal and can't wait to get into them!

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
Thanks for the tips, I ordered all 3 seasons of Wanted and both Volumes of Ultraman, plus 2 movie serials at a great price. Now I just need my order to ship

Mr. Ed

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Edward Van Fossan
Glad you folks got a good deal. I bought my season sets at Best Buy. I don't think the sign on the building....you know those Big Yellow letters...applied to my purchase. Oh, well, it happens. The shows look complete though and the quality is excellent. For those of yus who have purchased Have Gun Will Travel, have you noticed they look like they were transfered from a VHS tape. Not nearly as sharp as Josh Randall.
And speaking of westers, of which I like very much, I'd like to see the second season of Cheyenne. Now that I've mention this I'm sure that Warner Brothers will jump right on it. Even it means working tons of overtime...now give me a moment to step out of the Twilight Zone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks