What's new

Wanted- A working projecter or projection system, age doesn't matter! (1 Viewer)

NathanP

Supporting Actor
Hey--
I need a working projector that will let me plug a dvd player into it, any brand, size or year will be great!
I want to buy one under $100 but might spend more depending on quality!
ANY KIND IS FINE! I DON'T MATTER IF IT'S FROM 1975, IT JUST HAS TO WORK!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Nathan,
Even projectors that are only good for Parts are more than $100.
They didn't make video projector units in 1975.
You might be able to find a video only projector from the mid 80's for $300-$400- but I would assume the tubes would be so shot and burnt you wouldn't get much fo a picture out of it.
If you want even a DECENT picture from front projection, expect to spend $1000.
Maybe something like this would be closer to what you're looking for: http://www.100inchtv.com/
AIM: VinceMaskeeper
Interested in moving into FRONT PROJECTION with huge 6-10 foot widescreen? Buy my whole HDTV-ready CRT based front projection system delivered, cheap! Click here

JerryW

Supporting Actor
Vince, have you seen this so-called "100inchTV" in action? I read the info on that site and it looks kinda interesting... not as a regular usage type of item, but more as an afternoon project to tinker with. I know it sounds too good to be true, but it may be something fun to play with.
------------------
"But you have to remember that a worm, with very few exceptions, is not a human being." - Freddy
[Edited last by JerryW on August 16, 2001 at 08:07 AM]

NathanP

Supporting Actor
Please, no one post replies telling me: "you can't get one that cheap blah blah blah"
As of 1975, I know they didn't get made them back then, I was being sarcastic.
As for quality, I don't care much for that as for many people there meaning of quality differs.
As for the 100" TV thing, I probably will end up getting into that as i have read tons of stuff on it and alot of the results are pThanks
Nathan

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
quote: Vince, have you seen this so-called "100inchTV" in action? I read the info on that site and it looks kinda interesting... not as a regular usage type of item, but more as an afternoon project to tinker with. I know it sounds too good to be true, but it may be something fun to play with.[/quote]
Wise men say "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is"
Understand that even a passable projecor unit will have a rating of several hundred Lumens of light output. In order to reflect a picture, you have to output a fair mount of light.
The average TV screen is well under 100 lumens of output- so it would output a picture that would look basically like shadows moving on a wall.
Try pointing your TV at the wall, even a white one, just for a minute without it magnified (and thus reducing the light concentration, which will make it even worse)- you'll see what I mean.
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1263809096
AIM: VinceMaskeeper
Interested in moving into FRONT PROJECTION with huge 6-10 foot widescreen? Buy my whole HDTV-ready CRT based front projection system delivered, cheap! Click here
[Edited last by Vince Maskeeper on August 16, 2001 at 09:19 PM]

chris kunkel

Auditioning
I have a sony vpl-400q projector that is new and comes with the balance of a 3 year warranty form sony. there are about 30 months left on the warranty. they were 5000 new and at this point I will sell it to the first person that gives me a reasonable offer.
chris kunkel

rick forrest

Agent
About the cheapest projection system you can find would be an LCD panel that sits on top of an overhead projector.
You can buy these LCD panels on Ebay for a couple hundred or less. You'd have to get an overhead projector - perhaps you could find a used one locally.
I've never done this, but have talked to people who have.
------------------

rick forrest

Agent
One more thing - the lcd panel I linked to only accepts VGA input, so you'd need a dvd player with VGA out (hard to find), or something to convert s-video to VGA (DVDO Iscan would do the trick), or you'd need to use your computer as your dvd player.
Some LCD panels accept composite or s-video.
------------------

NathanP

Supporting Actor
OMG..
I was looking back... this was like my first thread ever..
Sorry for being so mean to you Vince..
:)
Oh well,
I did get a projector though :)

Cam S

Screenwriter
OMG, this is the thread where Nathan started all his obsurdity, and madness. Help me god, please.

NathanP

Supporting Actor
Cam, what's your problem, are you into searching my past threads or something?

BTW, how old are you?

Please stop acting like a 10 year old, we can only take so many of those..

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Cool it you two.

Nathan, before you shoot back about 10 year olds- remember that you've made some rather harsh statements about other members (and footnoted them with a smily face, as if that absolves you of all guilt).

Don't be so quick to snap when someone gives you a ribbing- you dish out PLENTY of them yourself, kiddo.

Now, play nice you two.

-Vince

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks