What's new

Want to Trade PS2 Cables? (1 Viewer)

I have a PS2 monster component cable that I would like to trade for a PS2 monster s-video cable. The xbox uses my component now, so I need an s-video for the PS2. Nothing wrong with it, just need the s-video. Reply via email for fastest results. [email protected]
Jeff

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Jeff,
Don't get rid of the cable, just get a AV switchbox. Plug all three component cables into the red, yellow, and white composite cables and do the same with the output(a cheap radioshack AV cable can double as your component output cable). It'll work fine and that way you can have component connections for both. They usually run between 20 and 30 bucks. Check it out.

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
the only problem with not getting an actual COMPONENT switch box is that you probably wont get progressive scan via the switchbox. Something about the Hz that the box supports, and that you will actually need a COMPONENT switch box and not composite switch box. The Component switch boxes are like around 70-80 dollars.

worth it if you truly want to take advantage of the Component cables in the first place. Otherwise you should just use all composite.

I appreciate the input guys, but I just don't want to mess with buying a switchbox and another set of cables. Money is kind of tight, and I just think I can live with the 5% drop in quality from component to s-video on the PS2. The Xbox is my main DVD and gaming station now, until something mindshattering comes out on PS2 (like the new GTA game :) )
BTW, a have a trade pending with Scott L.
Thanks
Jeff

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Jason,
that's true but Jeff didn't specify if he had a prog scan TV or not. If you're looking to use component on an analog set then I think there would be no problem using a switchbox.

James St

Supporting Actor
Just a quick note on the switchers. Several members here have passed 480p and 1080i through the radio shack switcher and noticed no visible signal degradation.

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
Go to RatShack and buy three RCA splitters; I got three for $12. You can plug in both your systems into the same component input. As long as you don't play both systems at the same time, it's the most cost effective solution because it doesn't require any extra cables, and you don't even need to hit a switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks