What's new

Wanna talk Tequila? (1 Viewer)

Blu

Screenwriter
I really like Cabo Wabo brand!
That is some of the smoothest, easy drinkingness (too easy!)
tequila that I have ever had!!!!

AllenD

Second Unit
There's only one tequilla I'd really like to drink and that's Petron. I say "I'd like to drink" because it goes for around $30 a bottle and can't really spend that on tequila since my friends would finish it in a few minutes! It goes down smooth and the taste is a lot milder than the bargain basement tequilas around.

Leo Hinze

Stunt Coordinator
Patron is a good brand of tequila.

I haven't been drinking much tequila lately, but I consider myself a tequila snob. I can't name too many names, but I do know that I like the El Tesoro de Don Felipe brand.

One thing about tequila - make sure you get 100% blue agave. Technically, tequila can only be called tequila if it comes from a certain region in Mexico, and is made by strict standards.

Avoid Jose Cuervo Gold. It's not 100% blue agave tequila. They add cheaper liqours and sugars, and it's not as refined as the real stuff. If you think Cuervo Gold is good tequila, you are mistaken, and are missing out on an excellent liqour.

Thank you for your support.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Blu - I was in Cabo San Lucas a couple months ago and spend quite a bit of time at Cabo Wabo doing tequila shots. :D It's excellent tequila, equivalent to the quality of Patron IMO. I don't drink alot of tequila, but when I do, I like it to be the good stuff.

Blu

Screenwriter
Man I gotta go to CSL!
That would rock!
Sammy is Da Man!

I agree, Cabo Wabo is some fine Tequila.

Steve Russell

Stunt Coordinator
When I moved into my first apartment, my dad gave me a 15 year old bottle of mezcal from mexico. His boss gave it to him for christmas, he didn't drink it so he gave it to me as a house warming gift. I have to say that was the absolute smoothest tequila I have ever had. Made some sunrises with it and even with alot of mezcal in them they just tasted like orange juice. Good stuff.

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
Man this is probably the only drink and one of few things that can make me puke upon smelling it. I can take Tequila mixed (Long Island Ice Tea) but that is about it.

Jeff

Leo Hinze

Stunt Coordinator
Mezcal is not tequila, AFAIK.

Jeff, what brand of tequila makes you puke? I have found that the premium brands smell nothing like the crap they call tequila that comes in cheap well/rail drinks at most places.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
I used to hate tequila until I found Cabo Wabo. Damn that stuff is smooth!! Its worth every penny. Sammy is doing this fine world a favor in my opinion.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
Leo, I don't recall what brand(s) it was. Just the typical stuff in clubs I suppose. Nasty stuff.

Jeff

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I'm pretty fond of the Cuervo 1800. It seems pretty smooth to me. I'll have to check out the Cabo Wabo and Patron

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Man this is probably the only drink and one of few things that can make me puke upon smelling it.
Then you haven't tried to drink grappa! A clear liquor made from the sludge at the bottom of wine casks, my mother used to wash her hands in it when she was a little girl growing up in Europe because it was cheaper than water. But now, it's become a trendy after dinner drink in Italy. But even the high-end grappa puts my system into reverse.

TimDoss

Second Unit
I can drink all day long, beer, Jack Daniels, whatever...
no problem, but one sip of tequila and everything comes
out of my system from any opening it can find... I have
never been so sick as I get from that stuff. I've experimented
too, and every single time there is tequila of any amount I
just about die. Sucks.

Meaux

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Meaux
How does Herrdura stand up against Cabo Wabo? (with you drinkers that is) I'll have to try the Cabo if they have it here.

It's like deja vu all over again............

Mark C Sherman

Second Unit
A few years back a Buddy of mine got married(Huge Tequila drinker) His best man picked up a bottle of Reserve' this is hand numbered with wax sealed tops sealed in a Wood Box. I think he picked it up for about $175-$200. This stuff was as black as coffee but OMG it was some of the best Tequila I have ever had

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
I have a long history with Tequila. The summer I turned 20, I drank more Tequila than milk, usually in margarita form. I was going through at least a fifth each week--usually it was 2 or 3, once as many as 5. My Tequila of choice was Cuervo Gold--we spent one evening listening to Steely Dan and doing various Tequila shots. Every time they sang "the Cuervo Gold" in Hey 19, everyone did a straight shot, a Red Rooster, or a Prairie Fire (depending on who was setting up the shots). We had the song set up on constant repeat, so the liter didn't last long. Neither did we, for that matter.

Even though Cuervo Gold was my Tequila of choice, being 19 years old, finances required that I usually drink Pepe Lopez instead. It was much less than half the cost of CG, and gave me the same basic results (although CG was much better for shots). I considered buying cases of the stuff on several occasions, which would have been much more convenient. One of the final parties that summer was the Labor Day party at a nearby friend's house. My drink of choice to get the day started was a killer margarita, mixed in a massive sports bottle. The ingredients were one fifth Pepe Lopez, half a fifth of triple sec, and a can of frozen lime juice. That lasted me from 11am until about 3pm. After that, I drank a little over a case of beer. The party lasted until 3 or 4 am, and my brother and I walked the less than half a block home afterwards. Surprisingly, neither of us got sick, although my brother did pee in the hallway and blame it on the dog, then climbed into be with me because his water bed wasn't treating him well that night. I took a long break from Tequila after that.

The next time I drank Tequila, it was the following summer. I bought a bottle of Mezcal, and we mostly used it for shots. I have some friends who get violent when drinking Tequila, but the only time I had this inclination was when one buddy tried to get my worm from the bottom of the bottle. Everyone knew that it was to be my worm--I had paid for it, and I had done most of the shots. He swiped the bottle and tried to get the worm out without doing any shots. My near-violent episode only lasted a few minutes, and was more just me being loud and angry than anything even close to violent, so it doesn't really count. In the end, I got the worm--chugged it straight from the bottle ala Scott Glenn in Urban Cowboy, although I finished the 5 or 6 ounces of Mezcal that were left in the bottle to get the thing. I was chugging so fast, I didn't realize the worm had gone down until the bottle was empty. I didn't really consider it anything special.

It's actually been about 7 years since I've really drunk any Tequila. I got to the point where, every time I'd drink it I'd have super nasty hangovers. Even a single shot or mixed drink with nothing else to drink will do this to me. The only benefit I get from Tequila anymore is that it gives me extremely bizarre, vivid, and lucid dreams. This started about 8 years ago. All Tequilas affect me this way, but Mezcal is the most potent in this respect. One sip of Mezcal will have me reeling all night (especially if I eat the worm with it). It's actually pretty neat, because even if I don't drink enough of the Tequila to affect me in my waking hours (I've found that even a sip of Mezcal--1/2 oz at most--is enough to do it), as soon as I get into a deep sleep, I have these outrageous, surreal, extremely vivid dreams. What's really cool is that they're entirely lucid as well. The only time they're not fully lucid is when I'm severely intoxicated when I go to sleep--I still realize they're dreams at these times, but don't have much free will in them, and can't do much to alter their course or my surroundings. The less I drink, the more control I have, but the dreams are less surreal, and occasionally quite boring (what's so fun about walking around a totally grey landscape all night?). As cool as these dreams are, the downside of the terrible hangovers (I even get the hangovers when I only take a sip of the the stuff, but not quite as bad) is enough that I've only done it 2 or 3 times in the last 7 years.

Justin_M

Agent
I LOVE TEQUILA!!!

Used to drink 1800, but I can't stand it anymore after drinking Cabo Wabo. On my 10th bottle. Holy crap...I've spent over $600 on it!!! About $60 a bottle up here.

What are the prices that everyone else gets it at?

Oxonce

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks