What's new

Vudu Disk Plus Digital Deals and Discussion (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I preordered the 4K disk from Amazon in APRIL and it's currently showing it will cost me $37 when it ships.

Right now I can order the Disk Plus Digital on Vudu for $29.99, get the movie instantly added to my Vudu collection, and when I get the disk pack on release date I'll have another code to give away or trade off.

This seems like madness.

Thoughts?

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I have a feeling that prices at Amazon, Best Buy, etc. will drop as we get closer to street date, but not likely to drop below $29.99 for the 4K UHD versions of those films.

Currently, I'm seeing RP1 for $36.75 on Amazon, $42.99 at Best Buy, with Rampage $38.46 at Amazon, $42.99 at Best Buy.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Strangely, Amazon shows my prices as $29.99 in my order history, but it's more to order them today.

That would be because the price increased after you ordered it, but they're obligated to give it to you for the price you originally ordered for. This sometimes happens to me too and is one of the reasons I'm inclined to do pre-orders early on items that I know I want.

But if you want RP1 today, then there doesn't seem to be a downside to cancelling the Amazon order and buying from Vudu, unless the disc + digital incurs a shipping charge for the disc that would make it higher than Amazon's price.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
That would be because the price increased after you ordered it, but they're obligated to give it to you for the price you originally ordered for. This sometimes happens to me too and is one of the reasons I'm inclined to do pre-orders early on items that I know I want.

But if you want RP1 today, then there doesn't seem to be a downside to cancelling the Amazon order and buying from Vudu, unless the disc + digital incurs a shipping charge for the disc that would make it higher than Amazon's price.
I thought I saw a RP1 4K/3D bundle for $19.99 on Vudu??

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I have a feeling that prices at Amazon, Best Buy, etc. will drop as we get closer to street date, but not likely to drop below $29.99 for the 4K UHD versions of those films.

Currently, I'm seeing RP1 for $36.75 on Amazon, $42.99 at Best Buy, with Rampage $38.46 at Amazon, $42.99 at Best Buy.
The problem with Best Buy's pricing it's a SteelBook.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I thought I saw a RP1 4K/3D bundle for $19.99 on Vudu??

All I see is the two disc to digital deals for $29.96 -- 4K Blu-ray + UHD digital or Blu-ray + HDX digital. It's interesting that the 4K/UHD bundle is the same price as the BD/HDX. That kind of negates the argument by some people around here that we should be paying a premium price for 4K transfers on UHD discs.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Welp, I bought both Rampage and RP1 via Vudu, $31.79 each UHD and now I have the codes in my account. Maybe Amazon will drop em both to $24.99 and I will regret it but I don't think so. Shipping was free.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
If it were stripped of the digital copy, they would have to create a completely separate version to sell without the digital copy in it, since all standard versions come with a digital copy. They probably think that's more work than it's worth, and they'd be right.

Also, I guess we failed at accomplishing the goal you set in the thread title. Sorry Sam. :laugh:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Welp, I bought both Rampage and RP1 via Vudu, $31.79 each UHD and now I have the codes in my account. Maybe Amazon will drop em both to $24.99 and I will regret it but I don't think so. Shipping was free.
Yeah, that's a little too rich for my blood. I can patiently wait for more reasonable pricing that fits my budget as I've seen both films beforehand.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Normally I am with you, but I loved both films in the theater.

You all know I have been vehemently against the whole Ultraviolet scheme and felt it only really advantaged Walmart. With the advent of MoviesAnywhere I am much more accepting of Vudu redemption as long as I have the option to see it in iTunes for the same code.

One other advantage of having it early on Vudu is you can participate in the #VuduViewingParty on twitter. I missed the one last week for RP1 but the one for Rampage is on Friday.
https://blog.vudu.com/category/movie-night/vudu-viewing-party/

THAT is something Amazon and Best Buy can't match and they are really fun.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Here's a no-brainer for those stuck in SD-land:

On Vudu, you can purchase The Equalizer in SD for $9.99, or the Disc + Digital (DVD + SD) version for $7.50. :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks