What's new

Vudu Disk Plus Digital Deals and Discussion (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I think I mentioned this elsewhere, but I will say it here, too. Be aware that Vudu's disc + digital offering has one major flaw. If there is something wrong with the disc shipped as part of your purchase, there is absolutely no mechanism in place at Vudu or Walmart to resolve the problem. I ordered three seasons of the Game of Thrones through this program several months ago, and was incorrectly sent a DVD set instead of BD for one of the seasons. Vudu and Walmart kept bouncing me back and forth, and neither resolved the problem. I ended up getting a refund through my Chase credit card. There is still an "escalated" ticket open on my Vudu account that hasn't been updated by Vudu customer service in over three months.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Did you try in store?
No. The order number on the invoice is unknown to Walmart’s customer service department. Their telephone support people could not find it in their system. It must be some internal intra-company number. I didn’t want to waste my time driving to a store that’s a pain in the butt for me to get to just to have them tell me the same thing.

It amazes me that Vudu created a product offering with no option online to fix issues with the offering, and their support people do not even understand the program. I was initially told I needed to contact the studio about the issue, which makes no sense. Not having the ticket updated for many months is inexcusable, too. It’s still listed as open awaiting a response from Vudu. Vudu’s customer support is horrible. This is the 3rd bad experience I’ve had with them.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Anyone know if there is a resource that tracks when new Disk + Digital offerings are announced and go live?
I came here to ask this exact question.

I love this service. Used it a few times with no issues other than the disc arriving a day late.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Just bought SHAZAM disc+digital. Great film.

Next week.

Alita:Battle Angel

$29.99

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I was just about to post this. I am pretty much done with $30 new release 4K but I've got friends who want to see Shazam NAOW so I splurged.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
@Sam Posten

Sam,

Is their an advantage of buying the Vudu disc/digital package?

I am not Sam, but can probably answer. You get the film immediately in your Vudu library, plus get a second digital code that ships with the disc -- it's the same retail disc you would get at any online or brick & mortar store.

The downside is if something is wrong with the actual disc Vudu ships you -- such as an incorrect or damaged item --getting it resolved through Vudu and/or Walmart may never happen. I discussed the issue I had earlier in this thread that was never resolved -- except by me getting a refund via my credit card company.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Yup, double digital codes for the same price, and you can watch the movie 2 weeks early. Shazam is one I will watch BOTH on 4k stream and when the disk comes. And I can trade off code #2 since the first one is automatically applied to your Movies Anywhere locker where appropriate or Just Vudu where not.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I am not Sam, but can probably answer. You get the film immediately in your Vudu library, plus get a second digital code that ships with the disc -- it's the same retail disc you would get at any online or brick & mortar store.

The downside is if something is wrong with the actual disc Vudu ships you -- such as an incorrect or damaged item --getting it resolved through Vudu and/or Walmart may never happen. I discussed the issue I had earlier in this thread that was never resolved -- except by me getting a refund via my credit card company.
Or you can sell the disc as new. Basically it’s a free digital copy.

I think it’s a great bargain.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Deosnt Amazon have the 4K + 3D Battle Angel set for under $30
Yeah. Same price. But What does that have to do with this disc+digital discussion? I’m missing your point Tony.

Last edited:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Might as well post here too

Alita Battle Angel
is available today to purchase digitally on 4-K/UHD/Dolby Vision/HDR/Dolby Atmos

$19.99 on iTunes and vudu.

Best deal is the Disc plus Digital from vudu.
$29.99 and you get the 4K/3D/Blu Ray combo on release day and you get the digital copy immediately to watch today.

I sampled it and it looks and sounds tremendous. Tons of extras too. And MA compatible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks