1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Vudu Disk Plus Digital Deals and Discussion

Discussion in 'Streaming and Digital Media' started by Sam Posten, Jul 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    Rampage failed to arrive on release date. Not a good stsrt

2. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    Thread title changed. Just got The Meg via D+D. I wish I could buy all disks this way

3. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

I think I mentioned this elsewhere, but I will say it here, too. Be aware that Vudu's disc + digital offering has one major flaw. If there is something wrong with the disc shipped as part of your purchase, there is absolutely no mechanism in place at Vudu or Walmart to resolve the problem. I ordered three seasons of the Game of Thrones through this program several months ago, and was incorrectly sent a DVD set instead of BD for one of the seasons. Vudu and Walmart kept bouncing me back and forth, and neither resolved the problem. I ended up getting a refund through my Chase credit card. There is still an "escalated" ticket open on my Vudu account that hasn't been updated by Vudu customer service in over three months.

Sam Posten likes this.
  4. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    Did you try in store?

5. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

No. The order number on the invoice is unknown to Walmart’s customer service department. Their telephone support people could not find it in their system. It must be some internal intra-company number. I didn’t want to waste my time driving to a store that’s a pain in the butt for me to get to just to have them tell me the same thing.

It amazes me that Vudu created a product offering with no option online to fix issues with the offering, and their support people do not even understand the program. I was initially told I needed to contact the studio about the issue, which makes no sense. Not having the ticket updated for many months is inexcusable, too. It’s still listed as open awaiting a response from Vudu. Vudu’s customer support is horrible. This is the 3rd bad experience I’ve had with them.

Sam Posten likes this.