What's new

voice lags by a second on DVD player movies (1 Viewer)

Robert G.

Auditioning
does this happen often to anyone?
i have a new dvd progressive scan player, and every other movie i watch, the voice sometimes lags and therefore does not match up w/ the picture. looks like im watching an old kung-fu clip.
is there anything i can do to stop this. i often have to stop the movie and press play in order to match it up again.

Brett G

Stunt Coordinator
This used to happen to me with an OLD Panasonic A110(?). I'm not sure if that's the right model. Anyway, it only happened on the digital outputs, not on the analog. It drove me nuts and I returned it for a Toshiba. This was a few years ago.

The bottom line is that it should not be happening. I'm assuming you're using digital outputs as well? Does your player have both optical and coaxial outputs? Have you tried them both? Have you tried using a different receiver to rule out that it's your receiver's problem (although I hightly doubt it)? Is this a new player? If so, I'd return it and get one that doesn't do this. You do not have to live with this.

-Brett

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks