What's new

"Violent Saturday" Blu Ray (1 Viewer)

William Moore

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
William
Does anyone have an extra copy of this movie they would be willing to sell? I recently discovered that the copy I had purchased from Amazon several years ago would not play back, due to a defect on the play side. Unfortunately I found this out long after the return window had expired. This film has some sentimental value for me, since my dad took me to see at a theatre in 1955, when I was 10. I'm now 78. A used BD would be acceptable. Thanks!

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I thought TT confirmed the Spanish disc was a bootleg years ago unless this is a more recent release than the original Spanish disc

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I thought TT confirmed the Spanish disc was a bootleg years ago unless this is a more recent release than the original Spanish disc
Always be very wary of Spanish Blu-ray discs. The French disc is not a bootleg and came out before the Twilight Time Disc.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
It's also available for rent or purchase from Amazon in digital form. I think this would be the widescreen edition.

Screen Shot 2023-05-17 at 1.41.19 PM.png

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Always be very wary of Spanish Blu-ray discs. The French disc is not a bootleg and came out before the Twilight Time Disc.

The Eureka disc is supposed to be excellent though Region B locked -- Eureka items seem to usually work with the Panasonic Top Menu trick though. I'm also not sure those are still in print judging by the Amazon prices.
French Carlotta Discs often have burned in subs so always a bit wary of those -- also usually locked.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
My Twilight Time copy is in storage - watched once, it’ll take me a little while to get to it but I can check to see if it still works - if you don’t mind the wait you can have it for whatever it cost me.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I'm aware of this, but unfortunately, it's a non-anamorphic, non widescreen DVD. The BD I have is a Twilite time release, but all copies are now sold out.

I'm aware. I only mentioned the DVD's availability as a cheap last resort if you can't find a copy on BD.

I have a couple of Twilight Time's early DVD releases -- The Kremlin Letter and Woman Obsessed but only because the films are not available on Blu-ray.

William Moore

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
William
My Twilight Time copy is in storage - watched once, it’ll take me a little while to get to it but I can check to see if it still works - if you don’t mind the wait you can have it for whatever it cost me.
Josh: Very interested! If you find it, send me an email "[email protected]" and let me know price, shipping, etc. Thanks!

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
My TT copy of Violent Saturday on Blu, which I had for a couple of years before opening it, contained a small but deep scratch that rendered the movie unplayable beyond a certain point.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Josh: Did you ever find your copy of "Violent Saturday?" Just send me an email @ [email protected]. thanks!

My copy is in storage not at my home - I’m sorry, I should have been clearer - it’s going to take me a little bit of time to get to it, several weeks at the minimum most likely. Will be in touch when I locate it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks