What's new

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Today, Violent Night. Santa Claus (David Harbour) has been on the job for over 1000 years and the grind is getting to him. Sure he’s still making the rounds dropping off toys each year, but the naughty list (computer tracked now, natch) grows ever longer, belief is down dramatically, and social media has taken its toll. He’s drinking along the way, grabbing the good stuff when he can get it, and wrangling his surly reindeer. When fate intervenes and drops him in the the mansion Jason (Alex Hassell) grew up in and which he has brought his estranged wife Linda (Alexis Louder) and daughter Trudy (Leah Brady) to, that will all change. The mansion is set up for a Christmas party but matriarch Gertrude (Beverly D’Angelo) is about to get robbed by the staff and this is no Christmas Vacation.
Scrooge (John Leguizamo) has a beef with Christmas and he’s bound and determined to take it out on Gertrude’s family, killing off her staff and holding them hostage until he can break into her vault...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Thanks for the review, Sam. I’ll stick to my BluRay. This will be in a fairly regular holiday rotation, along with the first Bad Santa (love that rotten, wrong film). Now if we can get The Ref on a decent disc…

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I respectfully can’t disagree more about the film itself. This is an INSTANT holiday classic for me and my wife who loved it last year in the cinema. I thought the whimsy of Harbor playing the ACTUAL Santa worked superbly and added a lot of heart to the action.

But thanks for posting the review as I had no idea a physical 4K disc was being released. I did some looking around on the internet and found that my local BestBuy had a 4K steelbook in stock. Just got out out of there with my purchase. I look forward to a viewing this coming season and hope there’s more concrete word soon on a sequel. Apparently there’s some serious talk for one.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I’ve never heard of the film, it passed me by, but I see that it starts on Sky movies UK at the end of the week, so I’ll give it a go.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks