What's new

Video Processor questions... (1 Viewer)

Bepaof8

Agent
Real Name
Pete
I know nothing about a video processor, but I've recently seen a few comments that raised my curiosity. Could some patient person answer my questions?

My TV accepts HDMI 1080P input. I do not need a HDMI switcher.

1. Is a Video Processor only for folks with projectors, or would it provide some benefit for those with a 1080p RP HDTV?

2. Does a video processor video-stretch 2.35-to-1 movies to fill a 16 x 9 display, and does it do it without the image looking like it's stretched (ie. do people look like they're skinny and 8 feet tall)?

3. Does a video processor expand the image of non-anamorphic DVD's?

4. Can I expect a video processor to do a better job of upconverting regular DVD's than the Oppo? How about when compared to the upconverting ability of a HD DVD player?

5. Are there any outstanding benefits to a video processor other than what I've asked about?

Many thanks!
Pete

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Depends on the processor ... some do that and more ... others don't do that at all.

Best thing about a good processor is that it fixes color decoder issues ... and gives you better control over grayscale adjustments. 11 point systems versus the typical 2 point or 1 point systems on TVs.

Also provide multiple input memories ...

Also reduce overscan ...

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks