What's new

Video Game Sparked Police Shootings (1 Viewer)

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Lawsuit filed against Take 2 and Sony Computer Entertainment

Uugh. I feel sorry for the victim's families here, but the only companies that should be in the lawsuit are the two stores that sold the game to the underage gunman. Take 2 and Sony Computer Entertainment should not be sued. All they did was manufacture the game. They're not responsible for the stores breaking the law and for the kid not being able to differentiate between reality and virtual reality. I'm really sick and tired of people blaming other things for their actions instead of taking responsibility. I'm gonna get off my soapbox for now.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
I don't think even the retailer should be responsible. Ratings are a suggestion, not a legal mandate, much less a declaration of liability. Just like movies, ESRB ratings are self-enforced, not something the stores are legally required to hold purchasers too. That would be like suing AMC or Blockbuster if you saw an R-rated movie underage then emulated what you saw in that movie.

I'll take personal responsibility for $200, Alex.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
Very well said Zachary, I'll step on it now.
I feel very sorry for the victims families as well. F that stupid kid though. What kid at that age does'nt know the difference a video game and reality. That's a poor excuse.

Please! What a joke.
I hope Sony and Take Two dont suffer anything from this as they are not responsible one bit. Wal_mart and Gamestop should be fined for selling the game to a minor but that is it. There is no way they are responsible for the actions of that kid.

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
That is just absolutely ridiculous. You can go around putting blame on everything. People are responsible for their own actions. The parents raising these kids should be held accountable too! But not games, movies or music. That is just a real lame excuse. I am playing Mercenaries right now,which I absolutely love, and am having a great time taking out buildings and killing North Korean soldiers, does that mean I am going to go out and blow up a building for real????? Uh, no.

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
When I was younger, they were blaming bad behavior on rock music. Now they are blaming bad behavior on video games... :rolleyes

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
Maybe I should've sued Warner Bros. after I dropped that anvil off a cliff onto a roadrunner...

Anthony Connor

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Anthony Connor
Wow not again. What a joke.

Whatever happened to personal responsibility? Accountability for own actions.

Seriously how did this kid get access to a gun?

AlbertA

Stunt Coordinator

I think this pretty much sums it up,

From the article:
"Thompson is accused of killing the three men in June 2003 after being brought to the Fayette police station on suspicion of driving a stolen car. Thompson allegedly grabbed one of the officer's guns, shot him and the other two, then fled in a patrol car."

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Just think how smart he would have become if he had bought an educational game. Probably the next Einstein with that ability to quickly become trained via videogame.

Hell, with Tetris he could have become an architect.

Benson R

Supporting Actor
I dont know, I think videogames do brainwash kids.

I grew up on nintendo and I know I sometimes have the urge to jump on peoples head and make a coin pop out of their ass.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Too funny.

Yeah, some people dont like to take responsibiility for things, just like to blame everyone and everything else for their misfortune and bad guidance. I'm sure the kids parents were perfect role models, infact, I bet Id be willing to let them babysit my daughter. Yeah F__king right! No wait, here's a better one. After years of watching the news, I think I'm going to rape, pillage, shoot, murder, destroy, use paintball guns at pedestrians, Start wars, spread the flu, start a terror cell, prank phone call Wendy's and have them strip search employee's, Frame Michael Jackson, Film R. Kelly, Hook up a white chick with Kobe, and finnally pour sugar down someones gas tank.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks