What's new

International Via Vision Entertainment announces new premium Blu-ray label IMPRINT (7 Viewers)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Yes, but...the amount of times that I've read that Criterion will maybe be releasing a certain film, well they must have a backlog of thousands of films to release :)

True, but with pictures like War of the Worlds and A Place in the Sun they seem like sure things for Criterion. Others in this collection not so much. I mean I am not telling anybody not to buy these, indulge, anybody could get hit by a bus crossing the street tomorrow. I say that in all honesty as one of my wife's friends was hit by a bus and killed in London. So, I mean I don't want to tell anyone to wait. Plus I mean the extras on the War of the Worlds Imprint disc are quite nice so maybe some folks will prefer that version over the Criterion.

AlexNH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex Koutroubas

AlexNH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex Koutroubas
True, but with pictures like War of the Worlds and A Place in the Sun they seem like sure things for Criterion. Others in this collection not so much. I mean I am not telling anybody not to buy these, indulge, anybody could get hit by a bus crossing the street tomorrow. I say that in all honesty as one of my wife's friends was hit by a bus and killed in London. So, I mean I don't want to tell anyone to wait. Plus I mean the extras on the War of the Worlds Imprint disc are quite nice so maybe some folks will prefer that version over the Criterion.

Beyond The War of the Worlds and A Place in the Sun, none of these films will be a Criterion release... However, they could be released by Paramount in the USA.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
And nobody has figured out the color of MARS and whether it's the original, the maybe original, the revised, the fake, or the revised fake but actual original color

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
still wondering what is going on, the e-mail i got for tracking purposes, hasn't changed since the 28th of the last month, it's at the airport or something in Australia awaiting shipment, 7 full days with no movement, next time i will just wait for deepdiscount or some US based re-sale site.

david hare

Supporting Actor
Real Name
david hare
There’s a little thing called COVID that’s resulted in lengthy delays in postal processing, particularly for third class mail. I ordered stuff from Deep Discount to NZ now nfive weeks ago. Nada. And no tracking available.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
still wondering what is going on, the e-mail i got for tracking purposes, hasn't changed since the 28th of the last month, it's at the airport or something in Australia awaiting shipment, 7 full days with no movement, next time i will just wait for deepdiscount or some US based re-sale site.

I'm not sure what tracking service they use, but it seems the last AUS item I ordered that had a tracking number stopped at the AUS border. I think I plugged it in the USPS site on a lark and got more information, but a couple weeks delay at any international airport isn't unexpected now. Even under the best of times, it's rare for me to get an order from AUS in under 2 weeks though my Sanity orders have been generally faster though I can't remember getting a tracking number from any of the general retailers -- only individuals or small shops.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
When I have a tracked order from the UK, the tracking at that end typically ends with the package at Langley HWC and "leaving the UK". I've been assuming that Australia Post tracking ends at the airport, as well. Despite the most recent update (on the 25th) saying "Cleared and awaiting international departure" it doesn't worry me overmuch. Either AP doesn't update once it's reached the local destination (the airport) and it's on its way overseas, or the process at the airport for dispatching international orders is slowed down for Covid reasons. I do know that the processing at an ICS facility here in the States seems to take about a week these days.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Received “War of the Worlds” today. Huge improvement on the DVD and Amazon Prime HD version. I first saw the film as a reissue in the mid 1960s as a double bill with, of all things, “Psycho”. “War of the Worlds“ was shown cropped to fit the wide screen.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Received “War of the Worlds” today. Huge improvement on the DVD and Amazon Prime HD version. I first saw the film as a reissue in the mid 1960s as a double bill with, of all things, “Psycho”. “War of the Worlds“ was shown cropped to fit the wide screen.

Ha, me too (Odeon, Shepherds Bush as I remember). I went to see War Of The Worlds, but stayed on to see Psycho, a bit of a mistake, as it creeped me out for weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    papill6n
    Recent bookmarks