What's new
World Wide Stereo

Vertical line of pixels on Samsung LCD TV (1 Viewer)

Bart

Stunt Coordinator
I just got what I thought was a great deal ($521 CAN) on an open box Samsung LN32A450 (A) at Future Shop, but after a couple of hours, a vertical line of pixels from the top of the screen to the bottom appeared and has not gone away. The line remains visible regardless of the input source I select or how many times I reset the configuration or power cycle the set. Even though this was an open box purchase, the staff had taken it out of the box only moments before and the plastic bag containing the power cable and remote control had not even been opened. Unfortunately, I will be returning the set to Future Shop tomorrow, but I was wondering if anyone here has ever experienced this problem with Samsung LCDs or other brands?

Disappointed customer,
Bart

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer

This is not a common occurence on any brand of LCD set. I work at a large Sears electronics dept. and in my 2 years of experience selling these sets only a very small number have been returned for this problem. It does happen but not frequently enough to be of any significance when considering purchasing a set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomkzufomsg
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale