What's new

Veritas 2.2 or Outlaw Amp (1 Viewer)

Mike Likens

Stunt Coordinator
I'm cosidering an upgrade either to new main channel speakers or a 5 channel power amp. My budget is $1100. My current setup is as follows - Elite 24TX receiver (90x5 THX Select), Energy C-2's as mains, Energy AC-300 center. I'm looking into the Energy Veritas 2.2 or Outlaw 5 channel amp. My current system seems to be lacking in dynamics and sounds a little compressed. Would a dedicated amp like the Outlaw bring my C-2's to life or would the Veritas 2.2 be less compressed and more dynamic than my C-2's? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Mark Austin

Supporting Actor
I would suggest ugrading the speakers first. It's almost a given that at some point you will add the amps later anyway, and this way you will notice a bigger improvement in sound in the near term, IMO.

Marc H

Second Unit
Tough call, eh?

If you get the Veritas, that upgrades the resolution of the speaker but will it only show up flaws in lesser amplification?

The C2 was actually an awesome speaker (especially bi-wired or bi-amped - could pass for an $1800.00 speaker almost).

I think if it was me, I'd keep the C2 and upgrade the quality of the amp.

Do you have a sub? That would improve dynamics in a big way and also let you run the C2 in the small mode thus relieving the Pioneer of the heavy work and it might improve it's sound too.

Jeff Aguilar

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff
I would agree with Marc. The C-2's are a great sounding speaker. You might find that more power opens those little guys up. I might also add that I moved from C-2's to the 2.1's and there is a difference but not as dramatic as it was when they were being pushed by a nicer amp.

Jeff Aguilar

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks